cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 99

Re: Close to changing provider - can someone please reset my phone line.

While BT will not guarantee your upload speed you should still get somewhere between your estimated upload speeds as per the estimate you posted.

When BT guarantee the download speed, it is a minimum speed guarantee, it is not a cop out of delivering the best speed that your line can get and that they will do nothing to improve it if that is all you are getting. Your download speed, while not guaranteed should still be the best that your line can deliver and BT should do what they can to deliver that.

Your estimate shows you should get more, your line was delivering more and now it's not so there is obviously a problem somewhere that BT should do something about. Contact Customer Services and tell them you want the problem investigated and fixed.

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 99

Would also love to find out which exchange your on to find out if its only happening on the one exchange or it might even be the same cab, now that would be good to know @Theokoles

Thanks

0 Ratings
Theokoles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 99

Don't know @IceZaroth I've got an Engineer booked in for the 15th of this month to come take a look.

Been through the wringer with Chat Support trying to get things sorted. And received an email today saying that they think my problem is sorted and do I still need an Engineer to come out yada yada.

Well the problem persists and now I have to contact them to say that yes I do still want an Engineer.

It's getting laughable at this point.

I have to wonder about that email - because it would suggest that they've taken a look at the exchange (or something) and at least believe there was a problem or is one at any rate... sigh 😕

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 99

Ok let me help you ... Middlefield / northfield / mastrick / summerhill / ashgrove / raeden / clifton / hilton ... all these areas have loads of smaller cabs but they are all served by a single exchange NSASH - ashgrove exchange,

thats the one i'm on and still only getting 1.2mbps upload and 76.2mbps download, but for gaming the latency pings are moving from 30 - 132ms, i tryied to explain in simple terms a ping of 132ms should get me to the middle of the USA and back hehe.

also streaming tv from netflix to a tv is stuttery at times and also I play 10 accounts on the game EveOnline, I work my socks off in game which in turn pays my game time / while im down instead of working in game and taking care of the account bills instead it could cost me upto £100 for a month sub for all accounts, but i'm hoping next week see's bt or WHO ever getting this sorted out and back up and running.

I know the packet data of eve clients are streamlined but running 10 accounts simultanously uses more than the available upload plus the ms spikes ends in socket errors in the game and the clients dying. not good.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 15 of 99

@IceZaroth wrote:

Ok let me help you ... Middlefield / northfield / mastrick / summerhill / ashgrove / raeden / clifton / hilton ... all these areas have loads of smaller cabs but they are all served by a single exchange NSASH - ashgrove exchange,

thats the one i'm on and still only getting 1.2mbps upload and 76.2mbps download, but for gaming the latency pings are moving from 30 - 132ms, i tryied to explain in simple terms a ping of 132ms should get me to the middle of the USA and back hehe.

also streaming tv from netflix to a tv is stuttery at times and also I play 10 accounts on the game EveOnline, I work my socks off in game which in turn pays my game time / while im down instead of working in game and taking care of the account bills instead it could cost me upto £100 for a month sub for all accounts, but i'm hoping next week see's bt or WHO ever getting this sorted out and back up and running.

I know the packet data of eve clients are streamlined but running 10 accounts simultanously uses more than the available upload plus the ms spikes ends in socket errors in the game and the clients dying. not good.

As you've been told there is obviously a major problem in the Aberdeen area. This is obviously a BT Wholesale problem so ringing CS or having an Openreach engineer out will do nothing to resolve it.

I've asked a mod to find out if he/she can get further info on this. If so they will post in this thread.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 16 of 99

@Theokoles & @IceZaroth I'm sorry to see you're having upload speed problems, I've checked our service status and congestion reports and can't find any info on known issues in the Aberdeen Ashgrove exchange area but that's not to say there isn't a problem. Can you both send over your details using the click here to contact the mods link and we'll be happy to look into this further? You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Theokoles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 99

I expect I'm on the Middlefield Exchange @IceZaroth 

I've been lucky on ping - average for me is 29 but it appears that you're upload is also terrible like mine. Surely something is indeed not right.

@NeilO

Alright, I'll do that, just know that I have reported through other channels, not just here.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 18 of 99

@Theokoles That's no problem we'll be happy to review the open fault report and make further checks to find out what's going on. 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 19 of 99

@Theokoles wrote:

I expect I'm on the Middlefield Exchange @IceZaroth 

I've been lucky on ping - average for me is 29 but it appears that you're upload is also terrible like mine. Surely something is indeed not right.

@NeilO

Alright, I'll do that, just know that I have reported through other channels, not just here.

From the reports on this and other forums there is obviously a problem. Here is the best place to report it as the mods will be able to look into it deeper than BT CS who don't have the tools available.

I've checked the Openreach status and it is not an infrastructure problem, it has to lie somewhere with BTWholesale.

Unforutaely upload is not monitored in the same way as download and this could be the source of the problem.

That said now that you and @IceZaroth have flagged the problem the mods have something to go on for a resolution with BT Wholesale.

Please make sure you both submit your details to the mods to make their job easier.

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 99

reported and ref number recieved thanks.

@NeilO thanks for the intercept

@Theokoles Nice to meet another user from aberdeen even under these crazy circumstances, a fix will be coming now just a matter of time and patience on our parts now, im glad its finally being escalated.

@pippincp Thanks to you also for contacting a mod for us.

p.s for the mods, latest run test from wholesale at 10:35am this morning...

Icey

0 Ratings