cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cloud - cracked (most of) it. My fault

Just hadn't realised that going to Cloud via the Web Site very different from going in via App. The things that seemed to have dissapeared without trace are there-via the App. Should really be keeping quiet about this but my experience -or lack of- may help someone else.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cloud - cracked (most of) it. My fault

Thanks for posting Johnstone. Can you be more specific? What seems to have disapeared? Give me as much detail as possible and I'll check it out for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thx David. I suppose the biggest difference was that the Web site only allows the uploading of specific files rather than whole directories as an auto back up. I am quite happy to have web uploads- that don't reflect what happens on my machine- and also a true (auto) back up- which does. I just had not realised the two methods, direct web access and client access were actually different and as I inadvertently moved from one to the other I thought that options were disappearing and reappearing - I hope that makes sense!
Incidentally I am running a Mac/Safari browser with latest software.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 4

Another important difference between the two is that uploads via the web interface do not track future changes to the files on the computer; whereas auto backup uploads via folders chosen in the PC/Mac client do.

Which of those is more suitable will depend on how you are using the coud.  In particular be aware that if you delete a file/folder from your PC/Mac, it will be deleted from any auto 'backup' made via the client interface.  BT Cloud is not a proper backup solution, it does not remember history for modified or deleted files.  You can probably recover accidentally deleted files from Trash; but that is only available from the web interface, does not remember the folder structure, and therefore is not usually suitable for recovery of more than a few files.

0 Ratings