cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 25

Cloud software will not log in

The cloud software works fine on my main Windows 7 PC and on two Android Nexus devices, but when I try to put it on my Vista laptop, all hell breaks loose.

The installation seems to go as planned but when it gets to the stage where it should come up with a screen for me to log in, the screen pops up for a few seconds and then vanishes. It does this several times until it eventually throws up this:

BTCloudlogin.jpg

The login screen sites behind this one, but I can't get at it and it goes away when I dismiss this message.

I have tried allowing it through the firewall, and tuning off the firewall. No good.

To confirm that it isn't just Vista that upsets it, I tried to install the software on my spare PC. Same thing happens, although it does not get to the screen shown above.

Both PCs can happily access BTCloud via the web interface.

I use about half a dozen different "clouds" none of them causes problems like this.

Am I trying to use too many things to get into the cloud?

I've looked around here and at the FAQs, but I seem to have invented a new problem.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Gibbo1
Beginner
Message 2 of 25

Re: Cloud software will not log in

I am having an identical problem on my Windows 7 64bit laptop. It started yesterday when I received an automatic update. I can no longer access my files on the Cloud. Does anybody no of any solution? Have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it didn't help.

0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 25

Hi

I had exactly the same problem - if you look further down the posts you may see how to clear it - in my case it was norton 360 firewall blocking Google Chrome.

Michael

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 25

Firewall was my first thought. But I turned off the Microsoft firewall that I use and see no change. Still refuses to login.

I even tried to add exceptions to the sites that the firewall blocks. Still no use.

0 Ratings
salix
Beginner
Message 5 of 25

I had the same problem. I had just updated to Windows 8.1 and thought that might be cause of problem but it is obviously not related. I was on BT helpline for two hours and they could not solve the problem. They are supposed to phone me back within the next seven days.
0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 25

Hi All,

With my problems, I did not turn the firewall off, but went into program settings in the firewall where I found that Chrome was set to Auto whereas all other programs were set to Allow.

I set Chrome to allow and this immediately allowed me to access BT Cloud.

I would mention that in the update (or upgrade as BT insisted on calling it) the BTcloud icon disappeared off the desktop, and had to go into programs to find it.

I did not alter the cloud setting at all.

The next day, IE9 couldn't connect to the internet, but this was only for a few minutes.

Michael

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 25

Thanks for reviving this one.

It made me go back to one of my PCs. I had replaced Microsoft's firewall with Kaspersky. (Barclays delivers it free to customers.)

Chrome isn't on that PC. But I wondered if changing the firewall would make any difference.

No. Still can't log in.

Why is BT silent on this?

You can ignore one person, but when a theme emerges it makes sense to respond.

Then again, this is BT. And we are not managers of football clubs.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Hi Guys,

Thanks all for posting. If you’re still having problems drop me an email with the details. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 25

Just in case you thought this might be the solution:

BT Cloud PC Client log in issue - Fix

think again. I tried it and nothing has changed.

The software still lurches into view, shows nothing, vanishes and goes nowhere.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Gibbo1
Beginner
Message 10 of 25

Tried BT's solution to the log in problem BT Cloud PC Client log in issue - Fix and it worked perfectly.

Thanks Bt took a while but got there in the end.

0 Ratings