cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 25

Re: Cloud software will not log in

Thanks for trying it. Made me go try again after my first failure.

It worked on my Vista PC.

At first it looked like a failure but then I noticed that the login window was hidden behind a blank BT Cloud window.

Sadly, it does not work on my other Windows 7 PC.

0 Ratings
nigelar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 25

i can't log on. i get an error message "Log in error. Log in failed etc etc". Tried the BT provided solution but that didn't work. i'm running 8.1. but noticed this problem with 8 but assumed it was a transitory problem. any more solutions? thanks
0 Ratings
nigelar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

a bit more information. if i go to the web address https://www.btcloud.bt.com/ via my browser (Google) i can log on that way. i cant via the bt cloud icon on the desktop.  that said when viewing photos after logging on via my browser i notice that options under the share function are all greyed out. 

0 Ratings
nigelar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 25

further frustration... i select a photo to share and now email appears as an option on the menu. when i click email i expect it to allow me to enter an email address and create a message but nothing happens or appears...

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 25

@nigelar wrote:

a bit more information. if i go to the web address https://www.btcloud.bt.com/ via my browser (Google) i can log on that way. i cant via the bt cloud icon on the desktop.

Interesting. You prompted me to try this.

Yup. The spare PC that rejects BT Cloud software allows me in through the web interface.

I haven't tried this yet, but we might get more joy if we look for solutions from the people who wrote the software behind BT Cloud. That seems to be F-Secure.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Hi Guys,

We have been made aware that BT cloud is being worked on today, so access to the system will not work, we will update you as soon as its back online.

Thanks for your patience.

Neil

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 25

@NeilO wrote:

Hi Guys,

We have been made aware that BT cloud is being worked on today...

By zombies?

That's a trick you can use if you want to highlight the perils of passive writing. (If you can add "by zombies" you should rewrite the sentence.) It gives no clues as to who is doing the work. Perhaps that is deliberate on BT's part, which seems to buy in its Cloud.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Hi all,

Cloud service should now be restored. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 25

I tried yet again to see if this had fixed my own inability to sign in to the BT Cloud. After all, it sorted out my laptop.

Still no joy, but I decided to give it one more try and reinstalled the software.

This time it continued until the bitter end and finally showed me the login screen.

So, as well as using the trick posted here to update your certificate, it may also help to reinstall the BT Cloud software. I had tried that before the certificate thing came up, but that got me nowhere.

0 Ratings
rbs_gb
Beginner
Message 20 of 25

I´ve got the same problem. I´ve just installed the cloud software for the first time on both a Win7 desktop and a Win7 laptop. The Desktop was installed first, and works all as expected. The Laptop will not get to the login screen and I get the error dialogue that my connection is at fault. I can log in via the web site, but not via the BT Cloud interface.

I have pasted the "fix" URL into the browser, and get "not found", so that is not working for me. I´ve tried making sure that all devices are logged out etc. before trying to log in with the laptop but no joy. Question: In the desktop, the PC appeared under devices, but there doesn´t seem to be a way of adding another device (i.e the laptop). How is that *meant* to work? Will it work if I can login via the laptop? I couldn´t seem to do that via the web interface.

I´ve done uninstalls and reinstalls, reboots, etc.

Cheers

Ray

0 Ratings