cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbs_gb
Beginner
Message 21 of 25

Re: Cloud software will not log in

Just to add, that I´ve been able to view the certificate as per the "solution" presented on the board, and confirmed it is in date. Still can´t log into BT Cloud via the windows programme. I´ve checked all the permissions on the security certificate. Most are set to "use default".

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 22 of 25

Have you tried it in Administrator mode?. I run my PC in admin. mode all the time it saves getting--you do not have rights to this action. Using a new explorer ++ I can command  and get up both named user and Admin. programmes and use both sets of  them . Try adding the laptop on in that mode. 

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 23 of 25

Also try connecting your laptop via an ethernet cable and check permissions and see if lan settings are automatically connect.But if it worked okay in other settings then dont change it. Check internet options including privacy section of network and internet.

0 Ratings
rbs_gb
Beginner
Message 24 of 25

Cheers Duncan, appreciate your input.

I´m the exclusive user of the laptop, and so everything is done as admin and there are no other users. I´m ok and aware of the risks, but like you, prefer the peaceful life! I checked everything on the network I can think of, firewalls, proxies, privacy etc and back checked each one with the desktop settings. I even tried using "homegroup" to see if that would work. I normally do manual shares over my network but as I´m not sure how the cloud-local interface works, I thought it was worth a try.

Good idea to try the cable lan connection, but it didn´t solve the problem, so at least we can assume it is a setting common to both network connection types.

I´m happy to accept ideas, because part of the problem is that the cloud software just doesn´t give a clue about the failure other than "network connection problem". There is no hint about what triggers the fail point. In the startup, the splash screen "dies" four times, and then comes back. On the fifth time, I can see the log in screen, but you get the error dialogue with only an OK button, and any attempt to close the dialogue simply closes the log in screen too.

I can use the web based interface without any problems, so it is all a bit of a mystery.

Cheers

Ray

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 25

@rbs_gb wrote:

Cheers Duncan, appreciate your input.

I´m the exclusive user of the laptop, and so everything is done as admin and there are no other users. 

There are at least two different flavours of "admin" in Windows. You are referring to the rights you have as a user. (Duncan may have that in mind too.) ) But there are still times when you need to escalate the "rights" of a program. You do this by finding the program in the start menu and then right click it and see the option "Run as administrator".

This can allow the software to do things that it would otherwise not be able to do even if your Windows account as an admin one.

I am not suggesting that this will solve your problem, but it is worth remembering this when someone suggests that you try the "administrator" trick.

One thing I found with a new installation of the Cloud software was that the login window for the password was hidden behind the main window. You might want to use Alt+Tab to check that this hasn't happened to you.

0 Ratings