cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprog
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Co-location of modem and hub

We are thinking of upgrading to Infinity.  Is it correct that the modem has to be located next to the master socket ?

We have two computers that require ethernet links in our upstairs study.  Can the hub be located there, whilst the modem is located next to the master socket downstairs in the living room ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Co-location of modem and hub

They do need to be next to each other ideally. You could look into homeplugs though to transfer the connection over your mains wiring to the room(s) upstairs.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

That's not right you can use longer Ethernet cable between them I have tried it and no speed drop
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I said ideally...and I doubt he'll want to run an Ethernet cable up his stairs 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings