cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yummymummy1999
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Compensation from BT

Hello everyone, last month we decided not to renew our broadband contract with BT as we had a better service with another provider. I had to call 4 times to cancel it and I said repeatedly during the conversation that it was only the broadband I wanted to cancel not the phone line. The next day BT cut the phone line! For some ridiculous reason that I do not understand they were unable to reconnect the phone for two weeks. During this time it caused a huge amount if disruption to daily life and I had to use my mobile to make essential calls (not easy when our signal is really poor). Initially BT offered £20 compensation which I thought was not nearly enough! They then revised this offer to £14! Bizarrely they sent me a text saying I could have a refund of £50 but this turned out to be a con as it was only a refund for the engineers visit which they partly refunded on the bill and partly via this text message. I am shocked that even though they acknowledge that it has all been their fault, BT won't offer a reasonable level of compensation to cover the cost of the mobile bills. I am waiting the required 8 weeks then taking it to the ombudsman but what are they going to do?
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Compensation from BT

Have a read of this customer service guarantee http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

Either you can accept the compensation they offer, or turn it down and submit a written claim for actual losses.

0 Ratings