cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 111 of 120

Re: Complaint - 5 months on and BT have no clue what they are doing. Ofcom/BBC Watchdog here I come!

Just to let everyone know, I am not the only one in my family that have had a total nighmare with BT!!!

This is my Brother's dilema with BT's incompetence they have lost his phone number

http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Transfering-to-BT-has-resulted-in-me-losing-my-telephone-number/td...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 112 of 120

Re: Complaint - 5 months on and BT have no clue what they are doing. Ofcom/BBC Watchdog here I come!

The hub firmware update is automatic and can be at any time from November until the end of January
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 113 of 120

Amazing that the customer has to diagnose the fault to the router and request a new one.

Thanks BT you have been so helpfull......NOT !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 114 of 120

For visitors to this site who are reading this, this is the response I get from the moderators...........Zilch

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 115 of 120

Hi Apulmax,

Sorry to hear your brother is still having problems getting his number ported back over to BT. I have dropped you a PM about this.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 116 of 120

Hi Apulmax,

We are brother's in arms. What some of the mods on this site do not understand is that whilst it is important to get a fault fixed, the way BT goes about it is extremely incompetent. I too have a long career in IT & networking behind me. I set up a European remote support organisation for one of the major oil companies about 15 years ago, so know how one deals with real humans over the phone to fix their busted computers or networks. I sent Warren Buckley a list of the idiotic things that BT does - like closing a fault without checking that it is fixed with the customer, and what they don't do - like having different protocols for dealing with new and ongoing faults, like getting your staff to update the fault tracking website the users have access to, like being proactive in fault fixing, and most seriously - having adequate monitoring on services to flag up problems before the customers spot them. Did I get a response? Someone phoned me up and left a message on my answering machine about a week ago, but then they seemed to give up.

I like the idea of getting Warren Buckley on watchdog to answer some of these questions. I'd give him a grilling.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 117 of 120

Apulmax has not been on forum since March 2013 so one assumes the problem was solved and unlikley to reply to your post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 120

But others will come after us, and they will know they are not alone ....

ps my problem too is fixed, even if the BT support organisation isn't, so I'll probably say goodbye and thanks for the fish.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 119 of 120

that's great - goodbye

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 120 of 120

Can we now get fish on this forum ? Smiley Surprised

Wouldn't mind some fresh trout.........Smiley Happy

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings