cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 120

Re: Complaint - 5 months on and BT have no clue what they are doing. Ofcom/BBC Watchdog here I come!

Thank you dfenceman, take note BT, it's not only me that is having this problem, and not only on Macs either!!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 120

Re: Complaint - 5 months on and BT have no clue what they are doing. Ofcom/BBC Watchdog here I come!

try this version hopefully it will work for you http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 120

I have tried the BTwholesale speed test on ta PC and Mac and it works okay on both.

When my broadband goes slow I will run the test, but it looks like only the "further diagnostics" forwards the data to BT wholesale.

Can you confirm this.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 120

yes correct only the further diagnostics test does that
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 120

@apulmax wrote:

Thank you dfenceman, take note BT, it's not only me that is having this problem, and not only on Macs either!!!!!

Hi apulmax,
I don't think it is BT's fault.  I think it is due to Apple not allowing Java to run on Mac's.
Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 120

Saturday 17th November 20.10

Down goes the broadband again, so I run the wholesale speedtester but obviously I can not upload the info because I have no broadband...........?????

I try running multiple tests when it is running slow only to have a message saying I can only do one test per ten minutes and three tests per hour!!!!!!!

Oh come on be real? How can I run diagnotics for you when I get restricted like this?

I am doing your job now and you are making life impossible for me.

I have uploaded at least one test result showing less than 500k downstream, when 5 minutes previous it was 4meg.

Please respond because I am getting so close to dumping BT

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 120

Macs can and do run Java, its' only iOS that can't run flash. My java is up to date. even so BT should address this as this problem has been around a long, long time
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 120

Please remember that this is a customer to customer self help forum all the posters here are trying to help you the speedtester is Provided by BT Wholesale not BT retail your provider I run Macs here and have no problem running the speedtest I know some mac users do have problems but by no means all do It would also help if you were to post your full ADSL stats so e could see the state of your connection as to time limits for the tester 3 tests in 1 hour is more than enough
You were offered the assistance of the forum moderation team who I believe you have contacted I suggest you now wait for them to contact you and let them look into your problem for you
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 120

This is totally unacceptable!!!! I have been in IT for 23 years and I know my stuff.

I thought this was a forum BT support ran. If not then it is a waste of time me posting on here.

I have yet again called BT level 2 support and reported my broadband down this evening.

I will be contacting the Ombudsman first thing monday and make heads roll.

Disgusting and down right incompetence from Bt treating their customers like this!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 120

On the main page of this forum it says

"Join the conversation in our Customer Support Community"

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services. If you need direct help from BT or have an urgent problem please Contact Us.