cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Complaint about BT customer service

Not sure if right section or not

So I placed an order to get a new line with BT on the 12th March to get a line and fibre installed in my new build property.
I recieved very little updates bar the odd text saying we have no updates but please be assured your Order is progressing. Each time I rang no one was able to give me any updated information promising to ring me back by 8pm on a certain date. Usually they never did update me but when they did I was told the order was progressing.

After checking my online account it stated an engineer would be out today 4th April between 8am & 1pm alas no engineer turned up. So I contacted BT and each person I spoke to was unable to give me a reason as why the engineer never showed up.

I have been told I will get an update tomorrow. This now leaves me with a wasted day of work and still no answers as to when I will have my line installed and Internet up and running.

Hope someone can help!
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Complaint about BT customer service

All you can do for now is wait for the update tomorrow and if problems then post back
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

So just got a phone call from a customer service advisor tellin me that the engineer visited me and was chatting to me yesterday at 11am...
This is getting laughable now
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Dealing with BT can be difficult, I know from experience. I have asked a Mod to look into this. Having said they can be problematic to deal with they managed to do everything for my elder,y mother on the day specified.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Cooki2222,

I would recommend contacting our order chat team at the below link:

Get help with an order

If you still have problems after trying it, come back and let me know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Rang up, very hard to understand the customer advisor due to speaking so fast and repeating the same information over and over again, still no confirmed date as to when an engineer will be out to my property to install the master plate that should have been installed yesterday.

Getting very frustrated and could now be looking at the possiblilty of taking my business elsewhere. I have already lost a days pay due to taking Monday 4th April off with no compensation whatsoever!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

You would be in the same situation unless you have a cable provider.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

The issue is no one seems to be able to update me as to why the order has stalled and when it will be resolved. As already mentioned I could have been contacted yesterday early morning if the engineer never planned to come to my property. So I could have went to work instead of sitting in all morning waiting.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

So was told last night an engineer was due to come today, happened to notice an open reach engineer across the road and asked him about any appointments said could see my name on system but no appointments booked for today! Another wasted morning of work after being told by the customer service advisor that an engineer would be out today. Getting beyond a joke now
0 Ratings