cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgt_bilko
Contributor
Message 11 of 39

Re: Complaints: Why is BT Customer Service SO bad?

There was no indication online that there would be any problems with the install on Tuesday. At the moment it says it will be installed on Monday but activated on the 4th of February, however, I've been assured it will all be done on the 21st. For some strange reason the BT Vision won't be activated until the 29th, so It's still all rather bemusing.  

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 12 of 39

Hi Dosells,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry for the problems you are having with BT.  It was really quite painful reading your post so I can only imagine how frustrated you must be at this point.  I would really like to pick this up for you and tell you what is going on as there seem to be a whole lot of confusion on BT's part.

Please follow the advise given by Imjolly and get an email off to me as soon as you can.  Just click on the link he has included.  Once I have your details I will check your account and explain what is happening.  I will own this until you are back up and running so at the very least you wont have to keep calling into BT.

@Sgt_bilko - Sorry to hear of the problems you have had.  My offer of help is also open to you.  Hopefully your Infinity connection is installed tomorrow but if for any reason this doesn't happen then please get an email off to me and I will make sure its installed.

Cheers
Sean

0 Ratings
dosells
Beginner
Message 13 of 39

Hi there

I have filled in an email as requested and so far no reply. In addition the order management team were due to phone back today and have failed to do so. Can someone please contact me about this order?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 39

It can take up to 3 working days for the mod team to reply personally as they deal with each mail in turn
0 Ratings
gaaron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 39

My BT phone/broadband is up for renewal 23rd Jan. So besides looking online, I phoned for info..I asked when was my contract up..an easy enough question -the answer 'you won't have to pay anything for leaving us...'.

Anyhow I eventually rec'd the answer.  I was then put through to someone else.  Oh the hard sell!! I thought I was back in the '80s. Just try saying you want time to work over the figures!

I've come on here to take a look at views....oh dear.  Will I stay or will I go? One day left.

..I was going to upgrade to Infinity. (Also, my parents had a lot of trouble with BT phone/broadband - which I in the end had to sort out).

Very very disappointed in what was once a good company.

0 Ratings
MonicaJ
Contributor
Message 16 of 39

PlusNet claims to have won awards for good customer service. They also claim to provide more detailed usage information. Have you looked at them? I'm locked in here until summer but am already looking around... as the good people at BT are badly let down by the useless people at BT.

0 Ratings
sgt_bilko
Contributor
Message 17 of 39

Just to offer a little balance, BT did infact install Infinity for me yesterday as expected. The engineer was rather late, arriving nearly 3 hours after the appointment slot but he was in and out the house in just 5 minutes, since he only needed to plug in the router and screw in a new faceplate. The speeds are very good so far and with an Ethernet cable last night I managed 74mbps down and 17mbps upload speed. 

Personally I found it most frustrating when dealing with the 150 call centre but the Twitter team were fairly proactive in getting this pushed through and called me again today to see if it was OK. They have also pencilled in an appointment to call me in ten days once the stabilisation period has passed. For some strange reason the speeds using the powerlines are very slow but I don't want to mess with that at the moment, so I'll just stick with the wireless connection that is about 5% slower than Ethernet. The ping speed was initially very slow but has now come down to 10ms at speedtest.net. 

All in all it was a frustrating week but the product so far is good and I just hope it stays reliable so I don't need to deal with 150 again. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 39

Pleased to hear your install went ok please post back if you have any future problems
0 Ratings
bmiguels
Beginner
Message 19 of 39

Im with Bt infinity for 10 months, before i had 8mb broadband from o2 for 20 pounds a month,lovely . At the moment i am paying 41 pounds for a very very poor service, the speed am getting now is the same i was getting in portugal in 2000, and with that service i have no problems downloading or open web pages, this bt infinity is temperamental, and sometimes dont even let me open websites, or watch pictures in facebook.  

I check the speed few minuts ago:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2721697838.png

My fone 3G is faster than that.

I never contact them and even here i not look for any help, cause i know im not the only one, and i just have to wait 2 more months.

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 39

bmiguels wrote: 
I never contact them and even here i not look for any help, cause i know im not the only one, and i just have to wait 2 more months.

If you wanted help, you would have to start by getting your IP profile. That speedtest you posted proves nothing.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings