cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Complaints about first line support

Can someone tell me where I can complain about the first line support (telephone support) for BT broadband?

I am currently having and extremely difficult time with them, it has taken over a week, 4 and a half hours on the phone and 3 failed promises of call backs to arrange an engineer. The only reason I know have one booked is my refusal to put the phone down last night. That call was 1 hour and 10 minutes, only 10 of those minutes were talking to someone.

I come from an IT support background and the customer experience is shocking. There are a obvious tactics in place to deter people from demanding an engineer. I would love to go through my full experience with someone senior from BT, mainly so they can recognise that they have serious problems. However I suspect that they are so far removed from the process that they don't care. Given my background how do you treat your customers that have little experience?

Come on BT if you really care give me someone to talk to. I will be willing to come to your office and demonstrate how poor this service really is by placing a call with you!

I look forward to a response.

Ps please don't ask me if the power light is on my router!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Complaints about first line support

This is a BT customer to customer help forum. The only BT staff are the forum moderators.

If you wish to complain to BT about their customer care or should I say lack of care, please see the following link.

I should add that their Customer Care is one of the biggest complaints on this forum.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2NDIiLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzdG...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I've tried that. The number just puts you straight thought to the same BT first line support team. Hilariously one of the support staff who told me a blatant lie on last nights call told me he would raise a compliant against.

I would love to speak to someone senior, but I guess they're all to busy..... Pass my details on, ask them to get in touch. Lets see a genuine reply instead of the usual fob off.......
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 6

Hi Philcasson,

Do you mind elaborating on what the issue is with your broadband?

As the community maybe able to help you.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Philcasson,

I tried to give you accurate address details for BT, but the post was virtually instantly removed. I find that disturbing as I gave no info other than that which BT themselves send out to their shareholders, and which can also be found by a simple web search!

Perhaps BT have no interest in allowing a customer to make high level complaints.

All I suggested was basically to write ( good old post ) to their head office complaints department, and listed the full address details.

Why a BT mod should feel the need to remove that, I do not know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@Philcasson wrote:
Can someone tell me where I can complain about the first line support (telephone support) for BT broadband?

I am currently having and extremely difficult time with them, it has taken over a week, 4 and a half hours on the phone and 3 failed promises of call backs to arrange an engineer. The only reason I know have one booked is my refusal to put the phone down last night. That call was 1 hour and 10 minutes, only 10 of those minutes were talking to someone.

I come from an IT support background and the customer experience is shocking. There are a obvious tactics in place to deter people from demanding an engineer. I would love to go through my full experience with someone senior from BT, mainly so they can recognise that they have serious problems. However I suspect that they are so far removed from the process that they don't care. Given my background how do you treat your customers that have little experience?

Come on BT if you really care give me someone to talk to. I will be willing to come to your office and demonstrate how poor this service really is by placing a call with you!

I look forward to a response.

Ps please don't ask me if the power light is on my router!

The "official" way to raise a complaint as distinct from a fault report is this link.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5642,5645

If you request a call back it will normally happen within 24 Hours.

I find that the first line support  is only too anxious to send out an engineer even when I tell them it is not necessary.

0 Ratings