Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cavillas
Contributor
Message 1 of 75

Complaints complaints complaints

Go to solution

All I hear on this forum is complaints about connection speeds, download allowances and billing problems.  Is there no one out there who will post really positive comments about BT so that people wishing to subscribe to BT have a more balanced view of their service.  At the moment this forum is really dissuading me from transferring from a well known small, friendly and approachable ISP as I like the idea of another voice phone and wifi roaming.Smiley SadSmiley Wink

74 REPLIES 74
koni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 75

Re: Complaints complaints complaints

Go to solution
your not the only one, i would like to change over to infinity next year, but all of the complaints on here and problems are starting to turn me against the idea, all i see is connection problems, router problems, speed issues, complaints about the customer service departments, complaints about engineers not turning up, complaints that BT dont call people back when they promise to do so, whats the point ? it just seems that BT doesnt have a clue (from what ive read on here)
0 Ratings
cavillas
Contributor
Message 3 of 75

Go to solution
All I would like to see are some positive comments...Please.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 75

Go to solution

it is the nature of any forum not just this one that the people who seek out a forum are looking for help/answers to their problem.  If your connection is working ok, or at least you think it is, then these people have no need of help and do not appear on a forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru
Message 5 of 75

Go to solution

@cavillas wrote:

All I hear on this forum is complaints about connection speeds, download allowances and billing problems.  Is there no one out there who will post really positive comments about BT so that people wishing to subscribe to BT have a more balanced view of their service.  At the moment this forum is really dissuading me from transferring from a well known small, friendly and approachable ISP as I like the idea of another voice phone and wifi roaming.Smiley SadSmiley Wink

I'm afraid that's a bit like going to an AA meeting and saying that you think society has gone completely down the tubes because everyone here is an alcoholic. Most people are here because they have an issue of one form or another, and some are here because they've had an issue, got help here and stuck around to help others. BT has a lot of customers and that means a lot of problems too, but no supplier is perfect.

I can see why you may find it unsettling, but it's human nature to keep quiet while things are running well and shout when you have a problem.

Does that mean that there aren't some severe core issues which have to be addressed? No, but this isn't the place to come for an objective viewpoint.

cavillas
Contributor
Message 6 of 75

Go to solution
Seing as this is a BT commuity Forum surely there must be some people who have positive things to say about BT BB otherwisw this will put many people off of BT BB. As far as I understand Forums they are for all viewpoints and this Forum seems to be focussed on the bad all the time. This is the British Condition, never praising but always complaining. It is enough to put people off of joining BT however.
0 Ratings
Goody
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 75

Go to solution

I though the same thing as you did a little while ago so i posted this.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Good-Stuff/m-p/43093

However like the others have said this is really a support forum for a service industry and most poeple will not come here to say everything is good. That siad look at the amount of complaints and scale that to around a million customers. Suddenly the complaints do not look like that much at all really.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
seasider40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 75

Go to solution

It's the same on all communication companies websites. It is difficult to get a balanced view. For me BT = good products but higher prices and poor customer services. I suppose everybody has to find the balance that is right for them when choosing a new company.

0 Ratings
themidlander
Contributor
Message 9 of 75

Go to solution

Only been a member of this forum a few days, and yes its most distressing place to be, i very rarely come on now, so here i am with my pennies worth,  we have been with bt for about 8 months, no problems whatsoever, and theres lots of help with broadband desktop help if you need it, so there you have it, two happy pensioners,

Now then having said that can we have the next 12 months internet FREE  please , lol ,

mr and mrs

Thank you

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 75

Go to solution

@themidlander wrote:

Only been a member of this forum a few days, and yes its most distressing place to be, i very rarely come on now, so here i am with my pennies worth,  we have been with bt for about 8 months, no problems whatsoever, and theres lots of help with broadband desktop help if you need it, so there you have it, two happy pensioners,

Now then having said that can we have the next 12 months internet FREE  please , lol ,

mr and mrs

Thank you

it's great to read your post - thanks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings