Complete WiFi issues

I live in a

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Complete WiFi issues

@igodsellwrote:

I live in a

??? 🤔 If you're looking for help, you really need to add more information, then you can be given the support you need.
What issues are you having with Complete Wi-Fi ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Complete WiFi issues

I live in a fairly standard 1970s 4 bed house but for whatever reason the Smarthub 2 with Complete WiFi discs just isn't working.

I took out the service in September, moving from an older Home Hub, and was sent the standard Smarthub 2 with 1 WiFi disc.

I set this up and positioned the disc upstairs but noticed that in certain places with my mobile especially it would report that I was connected but had no internet connection. I called up and requested a 2nd disc and placed that downstairs in the dining room, but still had the same issue. I also noticed that I was getting a similar issue on other more static devices (I have a PC connected via WiFi downstairs). When my phone was getting this issue I tried to disconnect and reconnect but could only re-establish a connection by moving close to the Smarthub. I was sent a 3rd disc in case one was faulty but same issue.

I tried changing the WiFi mode, set the channels manually and factory reset the Smarthub plus discs. BT then sent an engineer, but his main task was to check the line even though I had told them that the broadband connection was stable.

He then requested a new router which has since been received and setup but getting exactly the same issue with mobile, PC and Amazon Echo.

The only stable connection I get is in the living room when connected to the Smarthub, off the discs and it becomes a lottery.

Am I just really unlucky with the hardware? If it was just one of my devices affected I would put it down to that device, but it is affecting multiple devices.

One other thing to note, when I turn off the discs and just use the Smarthub, the signal range is poor compared to my Homehub I was using before??

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11

Sounds like Smart setup is still on, turn it off and things should improve

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

When you positioned the discs, did you use the BT app ? it will determine the best location, another option is ask BT if they will send a home tech expert, the engineer can help setup and get the most from the wi-fi discs.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi, forgot to add that turning Smart Setup off is the first thing I did and have done with the new router with no luck.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11

What colour are the LEDs' on the front of the discs and how stable are they (i.e. are they consistently changing colour)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi, yes used the BT App and both discs when connected show the blue light. Not noticed any change in the lights with the discs when I get this problem.

Currently got the disc in the bedroom turned off because of getting frustrated with the connection issues, so just have the Smarthub and disc in the dining room on.

I seem to have less of an issue with only 1 disc connected but still get drops in connection. For example, the Smarthub is in my living room, I have to walk out of that into a hallway, through the kitchen and into the dining room (which just has a wall between the dining room and living room). I almost always lose connection when in the midpoint of the kitchen.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11

Does it make any difference if you stand right next to one the discs and put your phone in aeroplane mode for (say) 20 seconds

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi, sorry for the delayed response.

Tried Airplane mode on my mobile when I had this issue last night and no joy. What I did find was I regularly received a message that I was connected to WiFi but no internet when it jumped onto the only disc I have setup at the moment. If I then walked back so I hopped onto the smarthub I regained connection. As soon as I walked back towards the disc I lost it again. I also forgot the network and deleted my phone's entry from the devices on the router.

I had a thought and delved into the settings and found the setting for IPv6. It was set to Stateless so I turned that Off. This made it worse when connecting to the disc in that I couldn't connect at all! Put that setting back and had to reboot the disc to be able to connect again.

Could it be IPv6 that's causing these issues?

0 Ratings