cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Complete WiFi

Currently have Infinity2 Home Hub6 using BT powerline adapters,  a BT YouView box and a BT WiFi extender.  All works pretty well.  I was out of contract and paying too much.  The commercial solution which saved me money was to put me on Complete WiFi and Smart Hub2 and WiFi disc arrived yesterday even though I had said I didn't need them.  Is it possible to use this new equipment with my existing set up or not. I am concerned about any drop in speed (currently ~60Mb/s) and doubt it is likely to be of any benefit.  I live in an old cottage with dense brick walls and WiFi is problematic hence the powerline set up.  Are there any pitfalls to this contract; I am of a mind just to send the new hardware back to BT.?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Complete WiFi

Hi @RobinAird   The only reason to pay the extra for Complete Wifi is to use the SH2 and Discs. If you don't need them then save some money and use your current setup.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

It'll been offered as you mentioned using an extender etc & complete wifi is supposedly a better way of getting a strong wifi signal throughout the house

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

That was effectively what I told the commercial contact.  It seems that they always want to give you the current contracts with their gizmos.  I am happy with my present set-up but just want a competitive deal; They inferred this was the only offer they have that would give me that but it leads to confusion.  An added worry was that they said the guaranteed bit rate was 32Mb/s minimum whereas I am under the impression that my current Infinity2 guaranteed not less than 53 Mb/s.  I do not want any throttling back to occur beacause losses in the powerline system could compromise my YouView box's performance.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hi @RobinAird   
“Complete WiFi” could be costing you up to £10 extra a month with no benefit to your broadband speed.

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-halo/what-is-complete-wi-fi-

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

THanks for this I'll take it up with their "Value Team" on Monday
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 12

@RobinAirdwrote:

Currently have Infinity2 Home Hub6 using BT powerline adapters,  a BT YouView box and a BT WiFi extender.  All works pretty well.  I was out of contract and paying too much.  The commercial solution which saved me money was to put me on Complete WiFi. Does this solution actually save you money?

Smart Hub2 and WiFi disc arrived yesterday even though I had said I didn't need them.  Is it possible to use this new equipment with my existing set up or not. Yes

I live in an old cottage with dense brick walls and WiFi is problematic ..and will almost certainly not help in setting up your Complete Wi-Fi disc

..hence the powerline set up.  Are there any pitfalls to this contract; I am of a mind just to send the new hardware back to BT.? Depends really on your answer to my first question, if it means a considerable saving then maybe it's worth keeping (only you can decide),  if it saves you a token amount only then probably not

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@Anonymouswrote:

I live in an old cottage with dense brick walls and WiFi is problematic ..and will almost certainly not help in setting up your Complete Wi-Fi disc

What? The complete wifi is designed exactly for situations like that

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12

@garybs29wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

The structure of the house will most likely require the hub and disc to be closer together and limit the effective range of the Wi-Fi signal of the disc

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@Anonymouswrote:

@garybs29wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

The structure of the house will most likely require the hub and disc to be closer together and limit the effective range of the Wi-Fi signal of the disc

That may be the case but the complete wifi is still designed to improve the signal in those situations

0 Ratings