cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Complete and utter waste of time

I recently went from Virgin to BT for my broadband / Phone / TV what should have been easy turned into an utter saga

When ordering I stated that it was only good for me if we kept our phone number we were told the number we had could be transferred from Virgin but it would take  a few days and we would have a temporary number issued. No problem.

After three weeks of phone calls and diwnright lies I had, had enough. We were even told by an Engineer that our old number would be on by 1600 on one day and he left us his name and number, when nothing happened again we phoned only to be told that the person did not exist. I iformed BT to remove all equipment (I still have modem etc) and went back to Virgin who informed me BT had never requested the number. I was then sent a bill for £349. So after speaking to numerous advisors and complaints I was told the bill had been quashed and I would only be charged for calls made and internet used, Fair enough. I then recieved the final bill for £349 again. I have now instructed solicitors to deal with this. How can a national company be run in this manner. If I ran my company like this I would be bankrupt in months. The deciept and lies told to me by so many advisors is truly unbelievable and will now be sorted out in court. I am so glad that all conversations we had have been recorded by my company for 'training purposes' as BT have no record of most of the calls

An absolute disgrace

Jonathan Hall

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Complete and utter waste of time

Hi jonhall88, 

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have had moving to BT from another supplier. I can help you with this from here. Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks

PaulK

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account 🙂
0 Ratings