Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1000pr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 42

Re: Complete broadband failure since 22nd December

Go to solution

Spoke to BT last night on 151 and was advised they would escalate the case and it should be fixed by midnight tonight.  I am not optimistic however.....!

I tried to change from BT to Vodafone 2 months ago but on the disconnection/reconnection swap date of 29th November nothing happened and when I phoned Vodafone they said that BT had not released the line and when I phoned BT they said that someone had cancelled the disconnection (ie. probably them) and after explaining to them why I was leaving BT they offered me a deal to match Vodafone so I agreed a new 2 year contract!  I now wonder whether the disconnection finally went ahead 3 weeks later although BT have said I am still connected, I am again not optimistic.......and wish I had demanded the swap to Vodafone!

0 Ratings
amb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 42

Go to solution

I have had the same issue and broadband just stopped working on 22 Dec, raised the fault and they have been ringing us every other day to see if it suddenly works, an engineer was sent out and changed the socket on the wall. This didnt work and we are still unable to get internet even though the hub light is blue.

We are also west southampton so there is obviously a fault in the area.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 13 of 42

Go to solution

Hi @1000pr and @amb1,

Which exchange are you conncted to?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
amb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 42

Go to solution

Hi, i think it is Shirley exchange.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 15 of 42

Go to solution

It must be a BTWolesale issue as there's nothing listed for that exchange by Openreach.

0 Ratings
amb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 42

Go to solution
Thanks @pippincp. What does that mean? That we need to get a new router?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 42

Go to solution
no you do not need a new router BT Wholesale manage the network beyond the exchange
0 Ratings
1000pr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 42

Go to solution
I had the following text from BT which didn't explain much! : Hello, BT here. BT Wholesale have identified an Openreach issue which our Supplier has been notified. We have escalated to our Suppliers to provide us wiesn't work for you please text back with an alternative one and we'll re-schedule for you. Thanks
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 42

Go to solution

Most likely a broken fibre feeding the cabinet, which is why Openreach would be looking at it. The cabinet could be fed from Shirley exchange, or Southampton Central.

That would still give a blue light, but no connectivity.

0 Ratings
1000pr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 42

Go to solution
Ok. I'm nearer to lyndhurst and my router is constant orange. Despite BT's usual promises there's been no phone call from them today so with 6 hours to go for the fault to be fixed its looks highly unlikely yet again! 😞
0 Ratings