cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 50

Complete nightmare with Infinty order been going on since 26th April, fed up.

1). Placed order on 26th April for BT Infinity

2). Order gets cancelled reapplied more times than I can count.

3). many phonecalls, emails, and 2 letters of complaint

4). BT community forum mod i've been dealing with leaves for a different job within BT after several months dealing with my case, he was called Dean McFarland.

5). Told there is a DACS on my line which needs to be removed, rerouted or new line.

6). Case passed over to Christopher Porter, then shortly after passed to his manager Kevin who has not bothered responding to 5 emails I have sent him over the last fortnight to let me know what is happening.

Got two letters and email from BT urging me to upgrade to infinty and got duped in to going monthly whole bill paper free billing and taking the linesaver also, now here I am over 4 months later with no broadband still and getting no where fast.

To rub salt in the wound my neigbour a few doors down from me who is on the same pole and junction box as me put an order for infinity in 2-3 weeks back and is enjoying infinity as I type, good for him but I can't help but feel **bleep** off that I really should be given some priority here since this has been going on for over 4 monhts now.

0 Ratings
49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 50

Re: Complete nightmare with Infinty order been going on since 26th April, fed up.

Hi I am sorry to say until Openreach remove the DACS there is little that can be done i would suggest you go back to the mod team for further help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 50

Re: Complete nightmare with Infinty order been going on since 26th April, fed up.

Problem is even the community forum mods have given up on me.....

I just want to know how a close neighbour on the same telephone poll, connected to the same junction box and the same exchange as me got infinity less than 2 weeks after placing the order but here I am over 4 months later being **bleep** on.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 50

Since I posted this thread I have phoned BT several more times, emailed more times and still getting no where, someone called Paul phoned me twice and told me someone from BT wholesale called Kevin was going to phone me on Wednsday... guess what I took the day off work and he never phoned me.

I have talked with several others over the phone and am still getting nothing sorted out, I really could use some advice here please as this has been dragging on since 26th April and it's become a complete joke.

They turned my BT broadband option 3 off on the 16th July as they said this would solve the problem and allow my order to go through for infinity but it didn't, so I have had no broadband at all since 16th July. While BT are messing around I don't see why they can't atleast turn my Broadband option 3 back on atleast which was ADSL 2+ I think and I was getting around 12mb not particurly fast but its better than no broadband at all while they decide what is happening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 50

Phoned yet again last Friday spoke with someone called aashma asked if I could atleast have my bt broadband option 3 back while i wait on this infinity upgrade and they can't even do that now because of a tag on my line. She said they need to shut my entire line service down and reactivate it which will also give me a different phone number. Well the last time I was told something like this was for the infinity order to go through and I've been without broadband since 16th July because of that other event. Well it was supposed to go off today my line and co e back on in a few days with the tag removed and atleast the ability to have my option 3 putting back on. But nothing has happened no one has phoned.

Any other mod be kind enough to take this on please as no one is getting back to me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 50

Hi slowspeed,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.  We're chasing this for you right now and we'll be in touch with you shortly.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 50

Bump. Still nothing.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 50

chap, same here. leave and join someone else.. seriously, i do believe after a while they just file you under lost case. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 50

RobbieMac has said that he will deal with your problem. They can take between 3 to 5 days working days but he will get it sorted for you or at the very least get back in touch with you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 50

Sorry gg30340 but your response was pointless and not helpful at all this has been going on since 26th April and had no broadband at all since 16th July, been passed from person to person and been in contact with forum mods since beginning of May so hardly 3-5 days. Fed up of phoning BT as nothing happens.
0 Ratings