cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Complex situation proving hard to solve

Just wondered if I could get some advice. We are on BT Basic + Broadband, and when we signed up we were on an unlimited broadband package. BT tried to say we had agreed to change to a capped broadband package over the phone; no one in the house recalls agreeing to this. After a dispute with BT (going over phone recordings) they agreed we are on an unlimited broadband package and that, with BT Basic, overusage charges are recorded but not followed through. This was confirmed by a member of the BT Digital Care & Complaints team.

However every quarter these charges get applied, and we constantly have to spend time on the phone/on live chat getting them removed. Whenever I get in touch with BT, the person either seems completely unwilling to accept our fairly unique situation, or they'll hang up on me.

I have written proof from BT (via Email) that we do not have to pay overusage charges. Who do I go to about getting the latest charges removed efficiently, and preventing this from happening in the future?

Thanks,

B Hussain

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Complex situation proving hard to solve

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Hi @BHussain

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you're receiving these charges when you had previously been told they would be removed.  Can you send us over your details so that we can look into this for you from here?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Hi Robbie,

I have sent you a PM. Since we last spoke the situation has deteriorated. Please forgive the delay. Reference is ****-****

Many thanks,

B Hussain.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Hi @BHussain,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I've scheduled another call for tomorrow. I'll drop you a text before calling.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Hi @BHussain,

I called this morning, sorry I missed you again. I left a message. I've arranged the refunds and corrected the billing in the background so the charges won't appear again. I'll be happy to call again to discuss further if you wish. Just let me know a suitable time for the call.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

@DavidM wrote:

Hi @BHussain,

I called this morning, sorry I missed you again. I left a message. I've arranged the refunds and corrected the billing in the background so the charges won't appear again. I'll be happy to call again to discuss further if you wish. Just let me know a suitable time for the call.

Cheers

David

Hi @DavidM

Sorry that I did not receive your previous attempts to call; I have an antisocial hours job so it can be very difficult to discuss these things during ordinary office hours.

Thank you for attempting to make those changes. Sadly, we have had the issue again on the latest bill so this does not appear to have been fixed. We have paid our usual fee, but not the overusage charges as again we believe these are invalidated.

At this stage, it seems clear that there is no resolution to this issue. I would be thankful if you could amend these charges a further time, then proceed to cancel our ongoing contract. This issue has been going on for well over a year.

Kind regards,

Babar Hussain

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 18

@BHussain I'm sorry that these charges have appeared again. Can you send over your details so we can take a look into this again. Click on my username and then on contact the mods. One of the team will be in touch in a few days. 

Thanks,

OlgaC

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Hi OlgaC, I had nothing back about this so assumed it was resolved. BT have once again cut off our internet.

Why is this so hard to sort out? I cannot answer your phone calls as I have stated many times previously due to working hours.

I don't understand how we can be contracted to have unlimited internet, for BT to try and force changes upon us and then cut off service when we dispute this.

Please arrange for immediate termination of our contract with BT and cancellation of the no-doubt upcoming, disputed fees. I have lost all patience in dealing with this issue over ONE YEAR since it's inception.

I understand the BT Forum team here have done a good job in helping to sort out previous issues, and thank you for that, but ultimately something is going wrong sorting out this fundamental problem.

Best wishes,

Babar Hussain
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Hi @BHussain,

I can see that my colleague @RobbieMac has been dealing with your case. I can see that he sent you an email on the 15th of March. He is out of the office today but he will be in touch tomorrow.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings