cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adsolo84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Complicated home move

I am leaving my current property on July 21st and moving in to my new one on July 25th. I contacted customer service yesterday to arrange home move because I wanted to take my services with me. The gentleman I spoke to said he couldn't arrange this for me because the people buying my home had arranged to take over my services on July 21st with another provider. He said my only options were to contact the buyers to ask them to cancel their order so I can arrange home move or cancel my current BT account and pay cancellation fees. I managed to contact the buyers of my property and they knew nothing of this and have not arranged to take over my services with another provider. This leaves me with the only option of cancelling my BT account with expense due to no fault of my own. Also when I joined BT it was on an 18 month contract which has come to an end so I don't know why I'm having to pay cancellation costs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Complicated home move

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 5

Hi @adsolo84

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for all the confusion with this! I understand that you're trying to transfer your services to your new address and you've been told you can't do this due to a request to take over the line at the property you're moving out of.

You can get in touch with us and we will check this out for you.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
adsolo84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

This issue still hasn't been resolved. I called customer care the other day and told the reason the order hasn't progressed was because the wrong moving address was used and this address already has a BT connection. The address they had was not the address of the property I'm moving to so I gave my new address and assured this has been updated. Only to receive a phone call saying there was a problem with the order because of the address only to find out they still had the wrong address on record. This was today and I'm still not convinced it's been sorted. I contacted the moderator as asked and received an email to clarify the address which I did and I haven't heard anything since. I'm getting frustrated with the situation now, I've already left my old property today and I move into my new one on July 25th. I've been on the phone to try and sort this approximately 5 times and Im ready to cut my loses and switch providers.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 5

@adsolo84 I'm so sorry about this, I can see you case is being worked on and your case handler is due to get back to you tomorrow with an update.

0 Ratings