Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Conditions for BT Sport

I spotted this at the bottom of a BT Sport page:

"If you've got a broadband special offer, you'll keep it on the same terms you originally agreed to – including when it ends. The basic price of BT broadband stays the same: and that's what you'll pay when any special offer stops."

What does this mean?

If I sign up to the Infinity free upgrade what price will I pay when it ends?

I know it's subject to renegotiation but if my current contract is until November then I presume everything is subject to change in November not 12 months from when I accept the Infinity offer?

Link to page:

http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Conditions for BT Sport

The way BT seem do their offers these days is to have standard prices for broadband products - when you agree to take an offer up they give you a special discount off that standard price for that product so you pay the advertised offer price for the specified number of months. At the end of that specified period (normally 12 or 18 months) your discounts end so you would then start to pay the full standard price unless of course you then signed up to a further special discount offer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

@tellboy wrote:

I spotted this at the bottom of a BT Sport page:

"If you've got a broadband special offer, you'll keep it on the same terms you originally agreed to – including when it ends. The basic price of BT broadband stays the same: and that's what you'll pay when any special offer stops."

What does this mean?

If I sign up to the Infinity free upgrade what price will I pay when it ends?

I know it's subject to renegotiation but if my current contract is until November then I presume everything is subject to change in November not 12 months from when I accept the Infinity offer?

If you take up the 'Sky Sports Upgrade' to Infinity offer then you effectively tear up your current contract and start a new one for line rental, calls, broadband and TV. That one will start from the activation date. I have just done it and my new 12 month minimum term started last Tuesday.

They offered me Infinity 1 at a discounted price for 12 months and made it clear it would go up to the normal £18 after the 12 months. I asked why not £15 like the priice on the web site and they said that was already a discounted online price, and they can't do additional discounts against already discounted products, only against the full list price. So in 12 months it will be time for me to negotiate a new deal or just pay the increased price.

I asked and they verified that the additional BT Sport Aug to Aug free offer doesn't tie me in to anything past May 2014.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

I think what they are saying is

"We may have given you a great special offer when you renewed last time, but if you take up the "free" BT Sport, then don't expect to get a good deal from us next time."

0 Ratings