Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D22Ga
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Confirming that the £50 cashback offer was registered on my order

Go to solution

Hello,

I signed up for the unlimited infinity offer today. Where it is 29.99 a month, with a £100 award card and £50 cashback. Using the link from cable.co.uk to get that extra £50 cashback. Once I had clicked that link and had been taken to the BT website, it showed the cashback offer next to the award card offer. However none of the emails that I received after I placed the order mentioned the cashback. Although one of them gives a link for the award card. I then spoke to a person on the online BT chat and they insisted that the offer was from cable.co.uk and had nothing at all to do with BT and I needed to contact cable.co.uk to get it. After speaking to them, and being passed around a lot of people, it seems that the cashback is from BT. I have the website address that I need to use to claim the cashback after my broadband is active. Which is https://www.broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback/

However I want to confirm that the cashback offer was recorded on my order. As I have had a lot of problems in the past with such offers, where you click through from another website, not getting registered. So is there any way of finding out if my order was processed correctly with that offer?

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
NeilO
Message 2 of 13

Re: Confirming that the £50 cashback offer was registered on my order

Go to solution

Hi @D22Ga if your order confirmation reference starts AJM it should be OK. This code indicates that the order was a referral from a cashback website.

0 Ratings
D22Ga
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you. The Order reference number does start with AJM, so I'll take it that it is okay. I do have another question though. I'm not sure if it is okay to ask it here or if I should start another Topic. I will ask it here, but just let me know if I should remove it and ask in a new topic.

When I was placing the order, I selected the free for 18 months BT sports pack app & online. However that isn't mentioned in the confirmation email, where it lists everything else that I selected during the order. It also doesn't mention it in my order details once I have logged into MYBT. So not sure if that has gone through. I do know that I included that in my order though as I took screen shots while placing the order. 

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @D22Ga

Thanks for posting back and it's perfectly fine to ask that follow up question on here Smiley Happy

It's difficult to give you a straight answer without being able to have a look at the order.  Do you want to chat with your >>Order Live Chat Team << this morning to see if they can confirm the details of your order?

Post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
D22Ga
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply and suggestion to talk to the online chat. After a some initial confusion where they said that I needed to take out one of the BT TV packages before I could get BT sports. They realised that I just wanted the Bt sport online and App, so they said they would add it to my account. I thanked them and we closed the chat. However I then checked my email and saw the confirmation email. They had placed the order to add it to my account. However the problem is that the offer they added is only free until easter 2018. Where as when I placed my initial order it was free for the 18 months of my contract. So I'm not sure where to go from here. Is it a case of needing to cancel my order and starting again? I really don't want to have to do that. As I said I did take screen shots during the order process, So do know that I selected that option. I can provide them if required. 

Thank you for your help and hope you can give me some suggestion of what to do next.

Edit, it is actually worse than I first thought. They have signed me up for a 12 month BT sport contract, which is only free until Easter. That is something I certainly don't want. 

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @D22Ga

Thanks for getting back in touch and for taking the time to chat with my colleagues this morning on live chat.

Apologies for the confusion with the order they placed only showing as free until Easter 2018 when you had signed up for BT Sport free for 18 months.

Can you send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here?  It will take us a few days to get back to you whenever you send your details over as we deal with cases strictly in turn as we receive them.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
D22Ga
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks again for replying. I can provide my details. However I'm a bit concerned about waiting a few days, as I have just realised they have signed me up for a 12 month BT sports contract, that is only free until next Easter. There is no way I want that. The email also says that I have renewed my broadband and calls for 12 months, so does that change the price? This now seems a bit of a mess. So the problem with waiting a few days is if the problem can't be corrected, and I had to cancel the order and replace it, then the offer for the £100 award card and £50 cashback, would have ended.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @D22Ga

Please send us over your details as soon as you can and when we pick up your case we'll work on getting everything set up the way you first ordered it.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
D22Ga
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Okay I've sent my details. Another thing that I have noticed after logging into MYBT is that when they added that new order, it has changed my billing date. It now says a bill is due to be produced today. Where as it originally said my first bill would be produced on the 24th of December. So I now have no idea what is is going to charge on that bill and when it is going to take it out of my account.

I have to say that I have found both my experiences of the online chat as very dissapointing. I think I will certainly avoid using that in the future. 

Thank you for your help and hope you can sort this out.

0 Ratings
D22Ga
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi John,

Thanks for calling earlier. I have replied back to your email and included the screen shots, but have been having trouble sending emails from that account. So hope you get it. It's my third attempt to reply back. The first two seeming to not to get sent. 

Incase you don't get it and I have to try again tomorrow.  I thought I would include something (that I have included in the email) that I remembered when looking through the screen shots:

When I was placing the order,  I had a issue during the ordering process where the Bt sports pack- online & app was listed twice in my order. Once for the free 18 months (and £7 thereafter), but also another listing where it was going to be £5 a month starting straight away. I then used the edit button and removed the £5 a month listing. I then continued with the ordering process.

Now I have just checked on two different computers and two different browsers (firefox and chrome) and this issue always happens if placing a order after coming from the cable.co.uk website. The steps I have tested and which seem reproducible are

1 : go to the cable.co.uk website.

2 : click the "see deal" button on the bt offer from the front page.(currently that is 31.99 a month with £100 award card, but of course was different when I placed my order).

3 : you get taken to the BT website.

4 : Click the "Select & personalise" button on the unlimited infinity offer.

5 : On next page scroll down

and select the "Watch online & on the go" offer. (currently free for 3 months, but was free for 18 months when I placed mine).

6 : The Bt sport pack-app & online is added to the order in the purple box.

7 : Click the "continue" button in the purple box.

8 : On the next page, you should find that a new duplicate entry for "BT Sport Pack - App & online" has been added under the existing one. This new entry being for £5 a month. That is where I then used the edit button and then clicked the red X next to that duplicate entry to remove it. I then continued with my order.

I've checked and this doesn't seem to happen if you select a different Bt sports option. Like I just tried adding the BT sport pack on sky, and that doesn't result in a duplicate entry. Neither does it happen at all, if you come direct the BT website and don't go via cable.co.uk.

0 Ratings