cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canadaleigh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Confused about whether I can get Infinity or not

Confused about whether I can get Infinity or not, just before christmas I checked on the BT package builder to get a quote for a package and it stated that I could get 63 to 80 Meg downlaod and 19 Meg upload but to day it states that Infinity is not available, so I checked on the Openreach web site and it states that I can, My Exchange is Kesgrave in suffolk

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Confused about whether I can get Infinity or not

What does this checker say. If you can get it there will be FTTC showing.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Canadaleigh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi it has FTTC Showing but has a message FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.

Thanks for the help

0 Ratings
Canadaleigh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Update to this post originaly it stated that it would be restored as soon as possible and then it stated May and then June and now it states 11 July how lond dose it take to fix?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

then unfortunately all you can do is wait for a further capacity upgrade on your cabinet
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

it can take considerable time depending on whether the cabinet can be upgraded or an additional cabinet is needed
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

There is nothing your ISP BT Retail can do as the work is done by openreach. My daughter is currently in same position as you (not your area though)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings