cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Confused & misled

We've been a BT broadband customer for quite a long time (OPTION 3) and when the Broadband wholsales market regulation thing came into being we decided to stick with BT, even though we probably could have got better service at a cheaper price with other companies ("Be" would be a good example).

So now that "better service" from BT is almost here, I feel like we are getting a kick in the teeth from BT for our show of loyalty.

QUOTE: dslchecker.bt.com

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 14.6Mbps and upstream line speed of 5.6Mbps.

QUOTE: productsandservices.bt.com

BT Infinity is not currently due to be rolled out in your area.Register and we will keep you up to date about the BT Infinity rollout.

QUOTE: btlife.bt.com

Getting your BT Infinity upgrade is quick and easy:

If you already have a BT package that includes calls and BT Total Broadband Option 2 or 3 you’ll be offered an upgrade to BT Infinity when it comes to your area.

As you may or may not notice in those quotes taken at the time of this post, there are some major contradictions.

Also to add insult to injury, QUOTE: community.bt.com

Within an exchange area there will be some customers who can't get BT Infinity. There are several reasons why this could be the case:

• Your phone line may be connected directly to the telephone exchange and not to a local street cabinet.
  • Your line may be too far from the local street cabinet to have a stable BT Infinity service.
  • Your local street cabinet may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
  • We haven't yet got the council's planning permission to do the necessary work at your local street cabinet.

So, even though you may be within an enabled exchange area, it's possible that your particular line may not be able to have BT Infinity yet.

What to make of all this? Well I think basically we got taken from the rear without any lube.

Thanks BT

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Confused & misled

I dont understand what your point is?

Are you upset that you think you can get infinity but BT are telling you that you cant?

First off, your estimated speed, BT will not give you inifinity if your estimated speed is less than 15mbps, simple as that.

BUT, you can still get fibre broadband.

BT are offering a new package for customers who have an estimated speed less than 15mbps, its called BT Broadband Option 3 with Fibre, its the same price as infinity and is pretty much the same but your final speed will be less than the 30-40mbps offered with the full infinity service.

I am on the new package and my projected speed was 13.8mbps, I am sitting here currently with 26mbps!

Give BT a ring and ask about the new service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Its just moronic how BT come up with these product names like Infinity™. Whereas in fact its completley nonsensical, Infinity™ is not infinate, it does not refer to something that is without bound or end.

To reiterate my point, in a simply clear and easy to understand language:

http://www.netindex.com/download/2,4/United-Kingdom/

We've been paying for an overpriced and under delivered broadband service for years from BT, you would have thought they would show some appreciation to their customers who didnt jump ship at the 1st given opportunity

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

I agree with Pilot, whats your point?

It says that YOUR line can support FTTC with down loads of less than 15 and that it is not currently on your CAB. but you can register for when it is........  and customers who have option 2&3 will have the connection fee waived when your can have Infinity ........So whats the problem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

@FlamingDeath wrote:

We've been paying for an overpriced and under delivered broadband service for years from BT, you would have thought they would show some appreciation to their customers who didnt jump ship at the 1st given opportunity

BT says - "Thankyou for not leaving our **bleep**ty service. Here, have some more **bleep**ty service for the same price"

What appreciation would you like to see? Free BB for a year, a bag of BT branded rock?

If you have had a 'overpriced and under delivered broadband service for years' then why did you not leave, seeing as the BT contract is 1.5 yr at most?

The OT has no meaning or objective, what do you wish to achieve with this post other than to show how annoyed you are at having a FTTC enabled area but no rollout yet?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I helped, then consider clicking the star to the left
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 6

Seems to be a general rant rather than anything else.

0 Ratings