Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgcf14
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Confused with choosing new packages when moving home online

Hi there,

we're moving home and wanted to do this online through our account. Our current packages are unlimited anytime calling plan and BT Infinity Option 2.

BT can provide us with the same services at our new home, though we're slightly confused with the various options available on the Choose your package screen, in particular:

• 1. The screen claims we're on Unlimited Anytime and Broadband - no further particulars to our actual broadband package.
  • 2. No thanks, we're happy with what we've got - shows a monthly cost of £0
  • 3. Unlimited Broadband and Evening & Weekend Calls with BT Infinity
    This package gives you: BT Infinity Option 2 with up to 76Mb connection speeds, 19Mb upload speeds and an unlimited monthly usage allowance
    Unlimited Evening & Weekend Calls to UK landlines after 7pm weekdays and weekends
    Only £17.25 a month, plus line rental, on an 18 month contract
  • 4. Unlimited Broadband and Evening & Weekend Calls with BT Infinity
    This package gives you: BT Infinity Option 2 with our fastest and most powerful broadband ever and unlimited usage Unlimited Evening & Weekend Calls to UK landlines after 7pm weekdays and on the weekends
    Only £26 a month, plus line rental, on a 18 month contract £26.00
  • 5. None of the other packages displayed include an Unlimited Anytime option

I would appreciate it if anyone can shed any light on:

• 1. Why this screen doesn't properly specify our broadband package
  • 2. why there's a difference between the unlimited broadbank Infitiy 2 options above - it seems we're currently on the £26 contract, wasn't aware of a cheaper unlimited Infinity 2 option
  • 3. Why no unlimited anytime options are on this screen
  • 4. why does it show up as a monthly cost of £0 when selecint "we're happy with what we've got" - in particular also, what this means when selecting one of the other options, i.e. selecting another option, would we then have two contracts with BT, i.e. the previous one plus the one selected? Because as it looks, we'd like to downgrade.

Cheers,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Confused with choosing new packages when moving home online

Hi

I am sorry to see you are having problems

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

BT's web site is often desperately confusing.  It's often easier just to phone up 150 (or 0800 800 150) during normal office hours, and speak to a real person.  There's a specific option for home moves.

0 Ratings
dgcf14
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your responses, though calling BT is not really an option - I was sold my current package when I called them previously claiming that this is the cheapest package that includes BT Infity Option 2 and I have a feeling I'll be ripped off once again when calling, same thing when it comes to the chat.

0 Ratings