cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperOwl86
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Confused.

Really confused now just been onto live chat to talk about a couple of things.

1 a fault that was created two weeks ago that was created by doing the online troubleshooter. All i wanted to know was what the fault was since it had been resolved, which i never got an answer for.

2 Problems I have been having with the homehub from wifi being poor. never touched the subject in chat.

3 The problems of the previous twwo mornings.

I only went onto chat to ask about what the outcome of the first fault was but i wasnt getting any answers to this then the advisor did some test and all of a sudden said I needed to have an egineer visit but wouldnt tell me why. After asking a couple of more times i just got told that it was down to my speed.

I am just totally stumped how I got into this postion.

Think the below are my line stats that might be able to help

4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:2 days, 08:58:11
6. Data rate:9995 / 46152
7. Maximum data rate:11338 / 45098
8. Noise margin:6.3 / 5.6
9. Line attenuation:24.5 / 18.5
10. Signal attenuation:24.2 / 17.5
11. Data sent/received:484.8 MB / 4.4 GB
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Confused.

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  this will shows connection availability for your line  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuperOwl86
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

are you using the test socket with a new filter as you are lower than bottom estimated speed

the recent problems accessing web pages were not just BT and affected other ISPs  you can read other posts on the forum about it or go to ispreview web page

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuperOwl86
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Nope connected via the main socket.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

sorry do you mean master socket or test socket by 'main socket'

0 Ratings
SuperOwl86
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Sorry master socket. The test socket is the one where I have to unscrew the faceplate right?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

yes  either here  test socket.jpg

or if SSFP test socket shown by black arrow

test-socket-thumb.jpg

0 Ratings
SuperOwl86
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Yeah its definitely plugged into the master socket.

Just had a call from BT and my engineer visit has been cancelled saying that they is a fault in the area and that it should be resolved by the end of the month.

No idea where the fault is mind.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

I would try the test socket with a new filter and repost hub stats

0 Ratings