Ok swapped the filter for a new one and plugged into the test socket and these are the stats that I get.
|5. DSL uptime:||0 days, 00:03:06|
|6. Data rate:||9995 / 45697|
|7. Maximum data rate:||11351 / 45922|
|8. Noise margin:||6.4 / 6.1|
|9. Line attenuation:||24.5 / 18.4|
|10. Signal attenuation:||24.3 / 17.4|
|11. Data sent/received:||20.8 MB / 137.8 MB|
Still not a good as estimate As in test socket have you checked that there is no dial tone at any extension socket?
Do you use phone extension cable to reach test socket?
if no tone then you need to phone customer services and get engineer visit to see if he can get speed within estimate
Only have the one phone socket in the house and it is in the test socket.
Dont have any phone extension cables.
I have just realised i did add a plate to the faceplate that was meant to cut out noise and improve the speed. Just removed this and tried again on the test socket and got the following stat.
|5. DSL uptime:||0 days, 00:02:42|
|6. Data rate:||9995 / 54995|
|7. Maximum data rate:||15420 / 55790|
|8. Noise margin:||9.8 / 6.9|
|9. Line attenuation:||22.3 / 18.0|
|10. Signal attenuation:||22.1 / 17.6|
|11. Data sent/received:||48.9 MB / 332.4 MB|
That's better with a 10mb increase in connection speed
now at bottom estimated speed
Any more problems then just post back