cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 24

Confusing info regarding engineer visit.

I'm due to have an engineer visit tomorrow to connect my Infinity FTTP. The welcome pack has arrived and I got a text message saying he's coming tomorrow between 8am-1pm all as it said on the BT.com order tracking a few days ago.

Just went on to order tracking about two hours ago to check what the activation date of my fibre telephone would be (I knew it was later than the Infinity activation but forgot exact date) Got that info but also noticed that the engineer visit part has changed. Now there is a red triangle and this message :-

"Your appointment is no longer required, as our engineer can connect your line without requiring access to your premises. The engineer will work to connect your line at the exchange."

I don't think he's going to install fibre to my home without visiting. Now extremely concerned he wont turn up after I have taken a day off and moved the furniture around so he can access the master socket.

Spent some time on the telephone to someone in India but am none the wiser as to whether the earlier text message or the updated info on BT.com is correct. Lady said she will call back and hasn't.

Looking at other threads I've noticed lots of engineer no shows so I'm not hopeful.

Has anybody else had information conflicts like this? And how did it go if you had?

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 24

Re: Confusing info regarding engineer visit.

BT have been making the same stupid mistake ever since the Infinity installs started.

BT asks Openreach to send someone out to install Infinity.  Openreach responds that they won't be sending someone out on the day requested.  BT tells customer that they don't need the Openreach engineer to make the install.

The engineer won't be turning up.  You need to contact BT to see what they are doing about it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 24

I Fully agree with Ectophile's comment
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 24

That's nice of them as they've already started taking more money via direct Debit to pay for Infinity 100Mb. They've basically lied to me and stolen my money at the same time.

They know they are the only supplier of fibre in my area so they can treat me like dirt and get away with it. I'm guessing asking for a refund for the time I don't have Infinity and still have normal copper BB will fall on deaf ears.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 24

re contact sales and ask what is going on
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 24

Had the same, I was moving from sky back to BT to get Infinity. They connected phone services on the day, no engineering visit. The day after I received a text message stating that an engineer will be coming out 2 weeks later to connect the Infinity. I'm waiting now for that to happen but in the mean time no broadband other than BT WiFi FON.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 24

Still no promised call back from the person I spoke to in India. Now when I ring it says that the helpdesk is closed. What sort of Mickey Mouse operation are they running. If I ran a business like them I'd be bankrupt. Actually with the time I've taken off and the money they are stealing for a service I'm not getting when promised I probably will be very soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

the sales lines does close a 2000
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 24

OK just got off a live web chat with somebody at BT. It appears the visit was cancelled due to 'technical error'.

Well that's a day of work wasted and judging by other threads I can look forward to this regularly and may get Infinity sometime in 2014.

Didn't manage to get an answer as to why they have started stealing more money from me, though. The connection was cut off as soon as I asked. Must be a touchy subject. I'll try giving sales a piece of my mind tomorrow as I've got all day waiting for a non-existent engineer. Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 24

Just tried calling about this fiasco at 8.30 and after pressing numerous buttons finally got the recorded message "Sorry this help desk is closed" again and the line went dead. They really don't give a stuff when they've taken your money. Checked my bank account and they have upped my direct debit by £16 to include Infinity 100Mb. That is theft pure and simple.

0 Ratings