cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 21 of 24

Re: Confusing info regarding engineer visit.

Update 2

Just had a call from BT orders who now say engineers have told them that they can't complete installation and I can't get Infinity because I live in a house that has been divided in to flats.

I mentioned that when the outside work was done to connect the fibre to the side of the house the engineer came into the flat to see where the socket was. He even used my electricity for his drill. After the work was done he said the second engineer will be out to complete installation. He never mentioned what orders have just told me.

This is a complete fiasco. I have told orders that if this is the case that I want them out again to remove the Openreach box and fibre cable from the house and to make it as it was before. (including filling in any holes they have drilled and repainting).

If it transpires that they can't give me Infinity I may as well move to a cheaper supplier. Have always paid extra for BT as they have always  offered a good service but not any more. All I get is lies and misinformation from them now.

I doubt I'll get compensated for the day off I had to take for the now useless first engineer visit and the second engineer visit when he didn't bother to turn up.

Was looking forward to Youview but this experience has put me off BT and Sky is looking very attractive.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 22 of 24

Ha! Just had an email saying my (non existent) Infinity has been upgraded from 100Mbps to 160Mbps as part of a free trial for 6 months. They really don't have a clue, do they? Expecting a call on tuesday, I wonder what the next excuse will be after 1) blockage in the ducts and 2) House is divided into flats?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 24

Unsurprisingly the promised phone call before 5pm today never happened. I guess they couldn't think of a third plausible excuse. I see other people on these forum have had £10 credited to their accounts for missed engineer visits, I was never offered that, in fact I was actually charged more!

Not looking forward to ringing them tomorrow and getting passed from pillar to post for a few hours....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 24 of 24

Update.

Getting somewhere now.

Saw some Openreach engineers in my road doing a phone line install for somebody today. Explained the problem I'm having with them and luckily one of them was on my initial job 3 weeks ago.He told the problem is something to do with a box on the pole not registered on the network (something like that). The cable to my hose is empty and the fibre has not been blown through. He said the pole problem is on a work order to do, and told me to speak with BT to try and speed it up.

Phoned BT today and they said they will chase it up and will ring me back by Wednesday. A bit happier now I know what the actual problem is and the fact I know I will be getting Infinity FTTP soon.

I must be happier as I've just ordered a new YouView box and committed to another 12 months.

0 Ratings