Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winstonedamo
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Confusion

OK so today i can see my house can finally recieve FTTP up to 300mb

i am a little confused though as when i went to upgrade they said the system doesnt offer me an upgrade but they could see its available as a new customer.

i explained that i am happy to sigh a longer contract and the gentle kindly said that they can get me on BT infinity 4 but i would need to upgrade to Infinity 2 first then the day after i can upgrade to infinity 4.

i cant see the sense in this and i was wondering if someone could offer some insights.

The gentle man said i would only have to pay £10 instead of £30 as a favour for me but i just have this feeling i will be asked to pay for that again on i upgrade to Infinity 4 and i also worry that BT will say that i will have to finish my pay the remainder of my new £18 month contract to upgrade yet again to another new contract. i curently still have 4 months on my existing contract

confused......

surely it makes more sense to just offer me a new contract and start the process of getting me onto Infinity 4 now and cutting out the process of going Unlimited => INf2 -> INf4 within the space of a couple of months

i have 14 days to cancel this Infinity 2 contract and i wondered if anyone can see a logic to the advice i recieved today

Kind regards

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Confusion

Yeah doesn't make sense at all.

Have you tried ordering online?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

That said, do you really need 300meg? 80 is more than enough for the vast majority of the population.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
winstonedamo
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

i tried online but the upgrade page on here only took me to an "offer" of reduced line rental for 18 months and there was no way around it (back or continue with the offer was the only options)

when speaking to the guy he said that i can get it as a new customer and that on the system it only gave him an option to go to Infinity 2.

i did state that as a new customer it goves me the option of all 4 Infinity options.

I dont knwo what else to do but ideally i would like BT to offer some support as i just feel its crazt sining up to 2 new contracts in such a short period of time

im lost, confused and dont knwo what to do next 😞

Surely others have gone from ADSL to Infinity 4 in one swoop?

0 Ratings
winstonedamo
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

we have 2 families living on one farm and alot of them constantly download from steam and its a nightmare. i have a 4k TV that ive not been able to use at 4k due to it and so i feel even 80mb is not enough.

i would be happy with either option 3 or 4 but for the minimal cost in going from Inf 3-4 it makes more sense for my large family to buy Inf4

cheers

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Fair enough 🙂

Have you spoken to the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787?
0 Ratings
winstonedamo
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

hi,

i did speak to them after the forst guy transferred me to them. ill try again in the morning

cheers

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Let us know how you get on.

As FTTP is still quite rare, even the mods on here aren't trained to deal with it
0 Ratings
gazm1990
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

I went from ADSL to infinity 3 FTTP without problems online so it's definitely something that can be done. That being said I do think the BT website is having issues with upgrading existing customers packages atm as I wasn't able to upgrade my BT TV on their website last night, it just kept showing me new customer packages.
As has already been suggested, call that FTTP number and when the automated woman asks what you're calling about say "Fibre to the home", this will get you through to the UK based FTTP team
0 Ratings
winstonedamo
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

ok so i spoke to the FTTP team and they said that the advice is that as the system is not currently allowing them to upgrade me to INF4 and that the system sometimes does this. so they have booked INF2 so that all the work is carried out still

apparently as im on FTTP technology they said all the work carried out will be the same and that 7 days prior to my installation (28/9/17) they will do the external works and install something called ONT on the house. 

according to them once that is done the system should finally be sorted and that a regrade to INF4 from INF2 can be done within 24-48 hours after my order is closed, so within a week after i should be regraded to the max speed

does this make sense to others? is the process carried out on FTTP the same for any of the Infinity options?

cheers

0 Ratings