cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jameswrdunn
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Congestion at peak times

For over 3 weeks now i have had major congestion between the hours of 17:00 till 00:00 there is no problem with any of my equipment or connection throught the rest of the day. 

I see that so many other people are having congestion issues at the moment and it is frankly pathetic from BT/Wholesale.

I understand it can take time to resolve an issue but 3 weeks in I have just about had it. I will be leaving if i havent had a resolution within a fortnight.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Congestion at peak times

unfortunately congestion will be affecting all providers in your exchange area as to the time taken to resolve the fix time can vary greatly dependant on what work has to be carried out

also if you are in contract cancelling may be expensive
0 Ratings
jameswrdunn
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Do you have any idea who i need to talk to about this issue. It's beyond bad service and I want to chase this issue until i get a resolution.

0 Ratings
m1ssed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi James

It's absolutely horrendous off peak, worse than dial up. I too will be leaving in next 2 weeks if the problem isn't resolved. What exchange are you connected to out of interest?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

It is BT Wholesale who deal with this problem and they are not customer facing the problem the problem can take from weeks to months to resolve depending on what planning and physical work is needed there is no point in trying to chase it your self as you will not get the answers you are looking for
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

You are not the only person on your exchange who will be suffering and BT will not be the only provider affected the problem can some times affect multiple exchanges as they are linked together
0 Ratings