cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: Congestion - help is there anything we can do??

Looking for connection time, connection speed, attainable speed, noise margin etc

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
BarryB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

How's this..

Show Statistics

System Up Time 00:45:47
PortStatusTxPktsRxPktsCollisionsTx B/sRx B/sUp Time
WANVDSL Link1694281966950106775998900:44:09
LAN1Link Down22721721913508204712453--
LAN2Link Down--
LAN31000M/Full00:45:47
LAN4Link Down--
2.4G WLAN b/g/n450M4053350301900:45:47
5G WLAN a/n/ac1300M153362115655063847540000:45:47

VDSL LinkDownstreamUpstream
Connection Speed8500 kbps338 kbps
Line Attenuation41.0 db47.4 db
Noise Margin5.7 db5.9 db
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

Your up speed is low compared to the estimated speed from the dslchecker. Can I ask when you last renewed you contract with BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BarryB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Good question and the answer is I'm not sure, but probably more than 1 year ago.

0 Ratings
BarryB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Yes, looks like Dec 2016.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

If you are on a rolling monthly contract then any discount will have ceased and you are paying full price. You can phone 0800800030 and negotiate a new deal and also try and get the new infinity package with up speed of 10mb. You obviously cannot get that speed but it may help your current low up speed

0 Ratings
BarryB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Bit of an update..

I took your advice and 'uprgaded' to the new infinity deal. It wasn't any cheaper and the guaranteed download speeds were significantly less than our previous contract. However, BT did say the anticipated upload speeds would be between 0.8-1.2 so I went ahead.

I moved onto this package on Monday and so now having given it enough time now for the speeds to stabilise the results are that download speed has remained the same (7-8mb/s), but as have our upload speeds - still hovering around 0.3mb/s.

I still feel that there has to be a reason for this low speed (compared to a reasonable download speed and the DLS checks, but appear to be running into a dead end....

0 Ratings
TH2
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

If I were you, I'd seriously consider looking at other broadband providers.  If we're being honest, BT is far from the cheapest option out there and it may well be worth your while to see if another provider can do better.  It sounds like the BT internet network may be heavily saturated in your area, giving you low speeds.  It may very well be the case that another provider could give you better service (because their share of things isn't so congested), probably at a lower price.  Youswitch.com is a good place to compare deals etc.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

@TH2 

this thread is over 2 years old so I think this has already been solved

wish these old threads were locked to stop resurrecting them

0 Ratings