cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
edgrundy
Message 1 of 10

Connect BT Infinity/Openreach Modem with Belkin AC1200 Router.

I'm attempting to connect a Belkin AC 1200 DB router with my BT infinity set up. I've tried with the integrated modem and the openreach box but no joy. The router is visible to the PC but is not connecting to the Internet. I'm trying to figure if there are settings (PPPoE, MTU etc) that I need to alter manually as the wizard isn't able to configure the set up. Anyone had any success with this that can shed any light on a solution? Thanks in advance, Ed
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Connect BT Infinity/Openreach Modem with Belkin AC1200 Router.

You need to set it up as a PPPoE with the username needed as bthomehub@btbroadband.com only use a pass word if the router asks for one. If it does BT works fine.

0 Ratings
Skewers
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Hi,

I've got the exact same problem. I've setup the connection type as PPPoE with the user name as bthomehub@btbroadband.com. The Belkin AC1200 forces me to submit a password, so I enter a dummy password, which lets me apply the settings. Then nothing happens.

I've rebooted the modem, the router several times in different orders. Changed the Ethernet cable and still no internet connection. I've reverted back to the BTHomeHub and that is working OK.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Make sure you are connecting the router into Lan 1 port on the Openreach modem.

0 Ratings
Skewers
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Yes - definitely am connecting to LAN Port 1 and the port marked modem on the router. I'm reconnecting the modem back to my HomeHub 3 router regularly to get the internet connection so the broadband connection is fine also.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Sorry, I don't know why it won't connect. Here is the user manual, just work your way through it to make sure you are connecting with the correct ports etc.

http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/MAN_F9K1113v2_8820-01108_RevC00_AC1200_Router.pdf

0 Ratings
Skewers
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Thanks. Yes, I've been through this guide a couple of times and it's not much help tbh. Basically other than making sure you've got the right PPPoE settings it says little more than attach the cable then power it up 😞
0 Ratings
Skewers
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Just spoke to Belkin support. They took through me all the basic steps - which I've been through many times already - powering everything off, resetting everything, inserting in the cables, trying both PPPoA and PPPoE connection types, etc. but nothing. The router does recognise there is a cable plugged in to the modem, as it changes to a solid amber light from a flashing one when the cable is plugged-in, but it won't give an internet connection.

Belkin support insist the connection is not being made because I need to supply a password along with the user id of bthomehub@btbroadband.com as per my HomeHub router. The problem is everywhere I've read on the forums says that there is no need for a password, BT customer help even says that if the router insists on it then use 'password' and I've also seen and tried 'BT' as a password but to no avail. Belkin insist it needs a password and say to call BT to ask for a password. I know I'll call BT - wait for 30 minutes - and they'll say I don't need a password. So I'm well and truly stuck.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Belkin are talking rubbish any password will work
0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 10 of 10

@ edgrundy & Skewers - Have you first of all tried a factory reset of the router, by holding in the reset button on the back, as detailed in the manual?

Also, other things I would recommend would be restore the router to factory defaults and checking belkin's website to see whether or not there is a more recent firmware version available for the unit.

0 Ratings