cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Topgun54321
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

Connected telephone numbers not showing on my itemised bill.

I have been trying to call my 9 year old daughter for the past 2 months. I call most evenings. Sometimes 6 - 8 times before 19.00hrs.

The phone rings 6/7 times then connects to answerphone. It is never picked up. I have purposefully allowed the answermachine to connect firmly believing that my call will be logged.

My lawyers have told me to contact BT to gain this information for the purposes of proof and for court, thereby demonstrating that my calls are purposefully ignored.  

I have called BT many times for this info. I am always told that somebody will get back to me, but nobody ever does.

How do I get this detailed information?  I'm quite sure that if the police needed the information they would not have the remotest problem gaining the information. Why do I battle for my own information as the bill payer?

Does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks.  David.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Connected telephone numbers not showing on my itemised bill.

I don't follow your lawyers logic about the calls being puposefully ignored, the recipient just might not be in, how can you prove other wise.

All your call log would show is that you called at that time and the call was answered. It would not show by who or that it was an answer machine.

That aside the calls should be shown on your bill if the call was answered. If they are not being shown then perhaps a moderator of the forum may be able to give an explanation. 

If a moderator can help they will contact you via this post.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 26

What information are you trying to get BT to supply?

The call could be blocked on the mobile phone which could cause it to go to answer machine.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Topgun54321
Beginner
Message 4 of 26

Perhaps I should be a little more specific.  The telephone number is inveriably engaged. I then call back minutes later and the phone just rings and rings. Answerphone then connects.  I will attempt this from about 17.00 - 19.00.

My daughter tells her friend at school. "My daddy calls our house but mummy does not pick up telephone"

Obviously, a 9 year old cannot give evidence in court.

The calls not getting answered is obviously a/deliberate. b/child abuse.

0 Ratings
Topgun54321
Beginner
Message 5 of 26

The information that i am attempting to gain from BT is a detailed summary of the dialled number called from my telephone.

Obviously, I have my own detailed hand written account, but something in black and white for a court cannot be argued.

My lawyers have said that BT definately has this information as they have personally seen it on another case.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

As said, it should be shown on your phone bill. Are you saying that it is not.

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 26

@Topgun54321 wrote:

Perhaps I should be a little more specific.  The telephone number is inveriably engaged. I then call back minutes later and the phone just rings and rings. Answerphone then connects.  I will attempt this from about 17.00 - 19.00.

My daughter tells her friend at school. "My daddy calls our house but mummy does not pick up telephone"

Obviously, a 9 year old cannot give evidence in court.

The calls not getting answered is obviously a/deliberate. b/child abuse.

Topgun54321, hope someone can help you out, must be terrible for you not being able to talk to your daughter. Good luck

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Topgun54321
Beginner
Message 8 of 26

No. information is shown on my bill.   I am requesting this information.

I was told not to put the phone down before the call connects to answerphone, otherwise the call does not log.

I have purposefully allowed the call to connect to answerphone, thereby allowing/knowing that this information is registered somewhere.

Attempting to gain the information has been like extracting teeth.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

I think that all the information you will get is what is shown on your bill. ie. It connected to the number that you called.

BT will not be able to give you any other information such as if it went to a BT answer machine because this involves somebody else's account and it would be a breach of the Data Protection Act for them to disclose that to you. It would require a court order to release that sort of information.

Your lawyer should know this and if he/she is saying otherwise I would look for another lawyer.

0 Ratings
Topgun54321
Beginner
Message 10 of 26

Accessing information to somebody elses account would obviously require the intervention of a court. I am not going there.

The information I want is from my own account. That surely cannot be difficult.

On the priniciple of logic, this is worth considering..........If I went to a payphone and called a number, as soon as the answerphone connected, it would call for money. With that theory in mind, why is it not registering on my bill with BT?

0 Ratings