cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Connecting BT wholehome with TP link Archer router

Hi. Just bought and installed the TP link Archer VR2800 router but want to connect the BT wholehome dishes to it.

Have tried a number of times through wholehome app but while the wholehome network shows available on my phone the app says my network isn’t responding. TP link support are adamant it’s a wholehome issue. Does anyone have any advice please? It’s driving me potty! Many thanks.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connecting BT wholehome with TP link Archer router

I'm not sure what the wholehome setup expects in terms of subnets, but it might be worth setting your TP Link to have an address of 192.168.1.254 and use the DHCP range of 192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253 in line with a home hub. Might not help but worth a try.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Its supposed to work with all providers, so the subnet should not be an issue.

Maybe @Dan-O can advise?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I disabled IGMP snooping on my main TP-link router when I was having similar problems, this may help..

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I think you’ll find it’s a WH firmware issue that is causing the app to fail to connect to the master disc. I’d have thought you could make the changes by logging in via the web interface at http://mybtdevice.home although there are sometimes issues with that too.

Dan-O seems to think accessing immediately after a power up should work ok.

im using mine on a TP-Link VR900 successfully

0 Ratings