cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Connecting Blackberry Playbook to BTFon

I am having problems connecting my playbook to BTFon or rather logging in to BT Fon. I can set the playbook to connect to the network with no problems, but then I cannot login. The browser simply comes up with an error message about network problems. (I know BT Fon is working because I am logged into it now on my home network.) The Help pages here have loads of links about connecting Blackberries with the 'Blackberry App' but that does not seem to be available in the Blackberry App store and all the links for the Blackberry App on the BT website go to the IPhone App...

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 12

Re: Connecting Blackberry Playbook to BTFon

Hi Mcward63,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  The BT Fon app should be available via the Blackberry App store,

Connect Blackberry

• Open Blackberry App World and search for 'BT Fon'
  • Scroll down, find and select BT Fon
  • Choose download and follow the on-screen instructions
  • Open app, click set up now; you'll need your BTinternet email & password
  • Go to wi-fi settings to select BT Fon or BT Openzone for the first time
  • When you're in a hotspot, open up the app and you will be connected

Connect Blackberry

Let me know if you find this or not.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

BT Fon does not appear to be on the Blackberry App store accessed from the Blackberry Playbook. Are you sure SeanD that the app works on the playbook? If not when will the app become available for the playbook

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

The app is not yet available for the Blackberry Playbook or any Blackberry Smart phones with Op 7 installed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

But it would be good if BT could give some indication of if and when the BT Fon app will be available for the Playbook. I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and just didnt get a reply.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Have spoken to BT Openzone helpdesk this afternoon and am told they are working on a Bt Fon App for the Playbook which should be available in the summer. A bit of a vague date but I was assured that BT are working on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

@ellanddodgers wrote:

Have spoken to BT Openzone helpdesk this afternoon and am told they are working on a Bt Fon App for the Playbook which should be available in the summer. A bit of a vague date but I was assured that BT are working on it.

Very glad to hear that. I'm also looking to use a playbook on BT Fon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

16th May Still no App!! When does summer start?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

Hi Alan and welcome

Erm, you'd of thought they'd of sorted this by now. not on blackberry myself, any joy with this link - http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=30549#

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

I was at headingley last week to watch yorkshire play. I was able to connect my playbook to the by openzone hotshot there with no difficulty at all. But am still waiting for the fon apply for the playbook.

0 Ratings