cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Connecting Openreach Modem to BT Hub-7 using Ethernet Cable

Go to solution

How can the ethernet cable from the Fibre to Premises Open Reach Modem be connected to the BT-7X2C Router?  The BT Hub-4/5/6 had a red WAN socket for this connection but this does not exist on the BR-7 Router.  I can establish an internet connection  via the filter on the conventional phone socket to the broadband socket on the BT-7 hub but this is only a copper connection (defeating the purpose of having the fibre line installed).

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Connecting Openreach Modem to BT Hub-7 using Ethernet Cable

Go to solution

Don't have a lot of info on this router but I suggest you contact the FTTP team for help with this. 0800 587 4787.

EDIT  From what I've been able to gather so far the Hub 7 only has 4 LAN ports as you have described. There is very little information available about this hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
I called the FTTP team who told me that the BT 7X2C hub is not suitable for FTTP. They are going to send me out the correct one so hopefully that will solve the problem.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I thought that may be the case but they are the only ones who can help you. Worth bearing in mind if any future problems.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@conrad wrote:

I think the Hub 7 is for G.Fast and may be this  https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/01/uk-isp-bt-launch-new-smart-hub-x-router-g-fast-broadba...

No, thats a variant of the Hub 6, it was the reviewer that dubbed it the HH7.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

So I got the replacement BTHub-6 router today complete with red WAN socket for Ethernet connection to the FTTP Openreach modem.  The BTHub-7 that I received earlier must have been designed for  Fibre to the Cabinet where I believe the hub /router is connected to the phone socket via filter.  The BT FTTP team member sorted my problem very efficiently.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

You are correct in your belief re HH7. Good result nevertheless.

0 Ratings