Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sadie9876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Connecting You View + to dvd recorder

Go to solution

Hi, Just waiting for delivery of BT You View + box and wondering how to connect it up along side my dvd player. I have a Panasonic tv and Panasonic dvd player and when it arrives a You View+ box.

To connect all three would I have to connect aerial lead to You View box first, then out of You View box to in on dvd player then out to tv and HDMI leads from both to TV.

Any help would be appreciated for a Newbie.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connecting You View + to dvd recorder

Go to solution

That would probably work.  If it doesn't, try the other way round instead: Aerial -> DVD -> YouView -> TV.

Be aware that there's an option in YouView (I'm not sure if it applies to all boxes) to disable the aerial out, so if it doesn't work, check that.

You will also need an HDMI lead from the YouView box to the TV.

0 Ratings
sadie9876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Box arrived today and set up the way I described, you view box first then to DVD player works OK.

The problem I'm having now is with internet, I am using powerline adapters but unable to get red status lights to go green when all linked up. I have tried resetting both adapters making sure one is AP and other EP both appear good at this point only have problem when Ethernet cables installed. I have tried fitting the 10m Ethernet cable that came with box from router to you view box and this works no problem, I would want to use the adapters as this would save me the trouble of lifting the carpets! 

Internet speed is fast, speed check indicate speed is around 30Mb so that's not the problem.

Powerline adapters are Comtrend PG 2020 (black ones)

0 Ratings
sadie9876
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

All sorted now regarding power line adaptors just had to look on you tube and you find all the information I wanted

0 Ratings