cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koalyssa
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Connecting Youview box to DVD and TV. Now ordinary TV not working

Hi, Does anyone know how to connect a TV, BT Youview box and a DVD recorder together.  I have two SCART, one RF and one Aerial connection together but now we cannot watch our ordinary TV.  I need this for my son.  It is probably a simple connection error but we can't work it out.  Any help greatly appreciated

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
dale
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connecting Youview box to DVD and TV. Now ordinary TV not working

Connect your scart lead to the back of your tv and put the other end of the scart lead in the back of your dvd , and when you put on a dvd it should come on right away . Hope this helps .

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Put the aerial feed in to the YouView box 'antenna in' and connect a cable from the YouView 'aerial out' to the 'aerial in' on your TV. Connect YouView box HDMI out to HDMI socket on your TV if you have one. If not connect the YouView to SCART to your TV SCART. Connect your DVD player to the other SCART socket.

Use the AV setting on your TV to switch to the YouView box and:

Go in to you YouView menu as follows:

YouView/Settings/Device Management and make sure 'RF Loop Through' is set to ON.

This will allow you to access your own TV's tuner and YouView also.

Use the 'AV' setting on your TV to switch between TV's own tuner, YouView and your DVD player.

HDMI is preferable but if you don't have any HDMI sockets - and most TVs do these days - then SCART will have to do.

I hope you get it working.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Connect one SCART lead from the DVD to the TV and another from the YouView box to the other socket on the TV.

You need to connect the aerial to the back of the YouView box.  At that point, you should be able to watch TV through the YouView box.  Turn on the YouView box, then tell the TV to input from the SCART - if it doesn't do it automatically (many TVs do).

If you want to just watch the TV without bothering with the YouView box, connect a lead (available from any decent TV shop) from the aerial out of the YouView box to the aerial input on the TV.  But be aware that if you power off the YouView box, you lose the TV picture.  Also, if you have problems, check the menu settings on the YouView box - for reasons known best to the creators of YouView, there's an option to disable the aerial output.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

0 Ratings