Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterA2
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Connecting a Sony Micro Hi Fi

Go to solution

I am trying to connect a Sony Hi Fi to our Home Hub 5. Using the WPS push button method produces a connection error on the Sony. My next option is to use the WPS PIN code method but how do I put input the system code generated by the Sony into the router?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connecting a Sony Micro Hi Fi

Go to solution

Are you trying to make a bluetooth connection or a wireless connection?

If it is wireless you should be inputting the Homehub wireless key into the Sony not a code generated by the Sony into the Homehub.

There should be an option on the Sony to allow manual input of the wireless key.

If it is a bluetooth connection you are trying you can not connect by bluetooth to the Homehub.

If you have no success with that post the model number of the Sony so that further assistance can be given. 

PeterA2
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks very much. There was indeed a section in the manual about doing a manual connection by inputting the key and the Sony Micro CMT MX750Ni is now connected to the network.

Doesn't seem that I can play CDs on it to a wifi speaker on the same network though so I suspect I'm going to have to upgrade to a Bluetooth CD system although I suspect even that may only take bluetooth sound in and not put it out.Ain't technology wonderful?!

Thanks anyway for help and I will make a donation to your charity in recognition.

All the best,

Pete.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for donation. Every donation helps.

0 Ratings