ever since 25-12-2017 I have been posting on this forum about my internet connection dropping out.
It works for a few months and becomes unreliable.
I have had,
Line is the same in the test socket and line is quiet with the phone test.
Connection drops out at least once a day but recovers fully, I.E 20mbps up and 70mbps down.
1. Product name: BT Home Hub
3. Firmware version: Software version 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.2 (Type A) Last updated 16/07/17
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:25:22
6. Data rate: 19978 / 76343
7. Maximum data rate: 27815 / 87742
8. Noise margin: 10.0 / 7.0
9. Line attenuation: 9.0 / 9.1
10. Signal attenuation: 8.9 / 9.1
11. Data sent/received: 630.4 MB / 11.4 GB
12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-2FNM
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-2FNM
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 18:1e:78:1b:d5:00
24. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant: AA
26. Boot loader: 1.0.0
Do you know of any devices in your home or locality that turn on/off at the times the Hub drops connection?
No I don't know of anything like that which could cause the problem.
The router is in my office, I go in, turn on the pc and that's about it, not else changes within that room or around it from my house.
You haven't asked a question so what are you hoping to achieve ? BT will not consider anything less than 5 disconnects per day as a fault and will not do anything.
Well I will for an official responce then. Thanks.
Just out of curiosity, can you post the result of your phone number from the DSL checker: http://dslchecker.bt.com. Remember to blank out your number, but keep the cabinet and exchange info.
Telephone Number 0208 on Exchange BROMLEY is served by Cabinet 68
Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper High Low High Low Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLOther Offerings Availability Date Premise environmentStatus
|VDSL Range A (Clean)||80||74||20||19||68||Available||Available||--|
|VDSL Range B (Impacted)||80||72.4||20||19||67||Available||Available||--|
|FTTP on Demand||330||30||--||Available||--||--|
|WBC ADSL 2+||Up to 8||--||5.5 to 12.5||Available||--||--|
|ADSL Max||Up to 5.5||--||4.5 to 8||Available||--||--|
|WBC Fixed Rate||2||--||--||Available||--||--|
|Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)||80|
|Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)||20|
|Last Test Date||07-02-2019|
Did BT change their policy recent then?
I never had an issue to get it investigated before.