cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalamazoo
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Connecting infinity to a new PC

We had infinity put in just before Xmas and had it connected via Ethernet to the desktop, where the old system was. Unfortunately that PC was giving us problems and gave up over Xmas so we have ordered a new one. Are there likely to be any difficulties in installing infinity on the new one or will it just plug and play?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Connecting infinity to a new PC

@kalamazoo wrote:

We had infinity put in just before Xmas and had it connected via Ethernet to the desktop, where the old system was. Unfortunately that PC was giving us problems and gave up over Xmas so we have ordered a new one. Are there likely to be any difficulties in installing infinity on the new one or will it just plug and play?

Sorry to hear that your PC gave up the ghost. Yes the new PC should just plug and play.

0 Ratings
kalamazoo
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Ratty.
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

@kalamazoo wrote:
Thanks Ratty.

You're very welcome 🙂

0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

You don't "install Infinity" on a PC, you just connect up the ethernet cable.  So long as your new PC has ethernet of course, and I think they all do these days !! 

Oh, and the very best of luck getting used to Windows 8 !

0 Ratings
kalamazoo
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

We are having windows 7 professional on it not 8, for the simple reason that it will be compatible with all hubby's games that he currently plays on XP! Thanks for the reply. 

0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Lol, that sounds like excellent thinking to me, very good idea !   Sadly my PC gaming these days doesn't extend beyond FSX and Rail Simulator 2013.....

0 Ratings