cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markn1986
Beginner
Message 11 of 13

Re: Connecting new BT Smart Hub to a Netgear wifi extender?

I had a feeling when I started messing around with this that it would be a big problem... 

I work at home and my office is at least 15-20 metres away from the Hub (do the only way I can get any privacy to work!) 

Should I sent this Netgear Nighthawk back - the packaging and everything is very misleading?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 13

Netgear claim that it will work with your existing router without stating any special requirement (see https://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX7700.aspx)

Have you tried setting it up using the Netgear app (see the bottom of the page at the above link)

If you've tried everything it says in the manual and you still cant get it to work then I would return it as faulty.

The highest channel number you can use on an SH2 is 48 so there's no chance you can select channels 100 - 165 as advised by Netgear.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

@Markn1986 wrote:

I had a feeling when I started messing around with this that it would be a big problem... 

I work at home and my office is at least 15-20 metres away from the Hub (do the only way I can get any privacy to work!) 

Should I sent this Netgear Nighthawk back - the packaging and everything is very misleading?

This would be a much better option https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-mini-wi-fi-home-hotspot-600-kit-084288-BVFF.html

It has Ethernet ports as well, so you can wire it direct to your computer.

I know they work very well, as my daughter has one of the multi versions, and has also added two extra hotspots. This is in an old 1930s house with solid walls, so the basic wireless signal from the router, does not go very far.

If you only want Ethernet connections, then broadband extenders are another option.

0 Ratings