Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Connecting two HH3 together

Hi there,

I am in a sticky situation...

I've used up all the ethernet ports on my main HH3 (the one connected to the Openreach modem), now that more devices are entering my household and WiFi is pretty unreliable due to all the interferances around us, we all like to use ethernet. I currently have a spare HH3 laying around (Type A I believe) and was wondering if it was possible to use this HH as a ethernet switch. Sometime I did look into this and found a useful guide on how to do this, but when I connected my Xbox to the 2nd HH, my NAT was strict and gave up. Now that time has passed, I am hoping that someone with a bit more technical knowledge than myself can help me with this situation as the fight for ethernet ports in my house is becomming a bit of a nuisance (please do not judge Smiley Very Happy)

Thanks,

Majed

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connecting two HH3 together

It would be easier just to buy an Ethernet switch. You can get a Netgear 8 port one for under £10.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Totally justifiable solution, but if it's possible to do such a thing with two HH, then I see no point in forking out money, albeit it's only a few quid, but hey haha
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

It will repay its cost in less than a year with the electricity you will save by not running two hubs, assuming it uses less electricity of course. Smiley Wink

EDIT: and of course you will get more usable ports.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Hi

I had a similar problem and so I have run a Cat5 cable from one of the ports upstairs and then used Keith's instruction web page to link 2 hubs togther.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/wireless/hh3link.html

This has given me a wireless repeater and 3 more ports at the same time.

Regards

Tim

0 Ratings