Hello, I did made a thread yesterday but I'm gonna re-word it so you might understand what I ment.
Well I built a summer house at the bottom of my garden, somewhere to sit and do some work without the noise but my signal strenth is low, around 45% so its very slow when connected (1/2 MB) and it keeps dis-connecting itself then re-connecting it self.
Looking around on the web there is a few possible solutions and I found buying some power plugs was the most suitable so I ordered some, got them today and they are wonderful!
Now the down side, yeah I said it. lol
- Even thought the connection is great its using an etheneret cable which plugs stright into my laptop, I have a playstation 3 out side, also my iphone would be great if I could use the internet..
I recently had a new bt home hub installed due to renewing my deal thing and they guy said keep the old one so I did, and now i'm glad I did.. Is it possible to somehow connect this up as a 2nd home hub running off my first one via ethernet cable or is it possible to get a possible adaptor online anywhere?
Now for some information that might help;
- Both of the home hubs are the 2.0 fully working
- The power plugs use double sided ethernet cables
- My summer house is about 15M from the house (#1 Home Hub)
- I've tried changing all the settings with a BT Advisor on the phone. (Took over an hour and nothing really improved)
If you have any kinda help please post and thanky ou so much for taking your time and reading my post!
Well, you could always link both hub2's together and also providing wireless connection for the iPhone in the garden - http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/repeaterhubswired.html
Yes, I once had the main hub2 in the living room and the other hub2 upstairs in my sons b/room - connected by ethernet plugs
(I've since removed the PC from my sons room so currently back to just 1 hub)
Wow it works!
Everything seems okay 🙂
Just a question quick question or two now, does this effect the main hub or it performance at all? And I'm running my Pc on wireless now, i can find my main hub and my 2nd both very good signals.. I'm guessing its using the 2nd hub as a booster? What would should I connect to? The closest one to me? (2nd Hub)
EDIT (The main hub seems to be jumpiing signal wise, I guess that was just a lil bit of wierdness haha)