cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichyG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Connection Stability

Been having connection issues for the past 3 months and been extremely bad with the recent snow and I'm sure its been related to when we have heavy rain also but I could be chasing a lost cause here.

However, My connection has remained stable for 3 days now but still shows a high number of errors, which I have previously discovered is related to signal loss. I know that I need 3 days showing for my speed to be restored.

below are my stats:

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:3 days, 07:45:18
Downstream:284.4 Kbps
Upstream:328 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):25.8 dB / 8.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):43.3 dB / 40.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.5 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):2111314 / 13114
CRC Events (Down/Up):17706 / 164
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):22136 / 166
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):2215 / 180

Hide details

I have tried several combinations of filters, have been sent a new hub by BT to see if that was the culprate but it was the same. Have plugged stright in to the test socket with no difference. Does anyone else think the rain could be flooding cables between myself and the exchange and therefore causing problems? My father had this issue when I was living at home and he went and opened up the nearby access point to find the cables were flooded and I've searched online and seen other discussions stating this had caused problems for them.

I'd like to know the forum's thoughts on this.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Connection Stability

Those errors are not excessive, you just need to leave things alone, and the low speed band that you are in will be lifted.

See

Why has my speed dropped

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

as keith says just stay connected 24/7 and the banded profile should be released in a few days.  are you connected to the test socket at the moment?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RichyG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

I currently have an extension lead connected to the test socket, which in turn I have my hub plugged into. As i have previously stated, I plugged the hub directly into the test socket via a single filter and was having the same issue, therefore exempting my extension lead from any blame.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

As has already been posted you just need to maintain a stable 24/7 connection
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

when you said there was no difference connecting without the extension lead do you mean the connection speed was the same.  it would be the same as you are in a banded profile but your stats could have been better that is why the request for your stats when connected direct to test socket is requested

at prsent a stable connection is essential to get you out the banded profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RichyG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

no i mean my connection was still dropping and my stats were coming up the same.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

just need to wait and see what connection speed and noise margin you get when released from the banded profile

0 Ratings
RichyG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

yup but thats just the issue, i can't get out of the banded profile because my connection keeps dropping, as I have been trying to explain since my original post and also in the thread's title.

Now back to my point about the rain. We've had serious amounts of rain in the past 24 hours and my connection has dropped twice in that time. It doesnt seem to be a coincedence any more as I got my stability and speed back when we didnt have any rain for a week. Thoughts on this please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

as I said in a previous post connecting to the test socket directly and then posting your stats will help in that if your connection continues to drop connection then that suggests the problem is outwith your property and needs an engineer.  you can contact the mods and they may arrange an engineer visit but should the problem be on your side of the master then you will get a bill for the callout. 

just try to make sure that does not happen by using test socket

0 Ratings