cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David449
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Connection contantly dropping out

So about 2 months ago now our internet started going on and off every few minutes for about half hour to an hour for id say on average once every day or two. Since then we've called out an engineer 3 or 4 times theyve done a bunch of checks with some internet checking deivce thing, replaced our hub, fiddled about on the telephone pole outside our house, disconnected some old wire which wasnt doing a whole lot and probably some other things and yet even as im trying to write this our internet wont stay connected for more then 5 minutes. Im reluctant to call someone out again as none of them have been sure what the cause is and just did what they could think of in hope it would fix it, so i doubt the next guy will have any idea either. Does anyone on here have any idea on what i could do to solve this problem? id rather not switch providers since bt is the fastest internet in my area and besdies this last 2 months have been great but i cant justify speding £50-£60 every month on internet i can only occasionally use.

Oh and as a side note there was static on the phone line aswell if thats any use not sure if that was fixed during any of the call outs though dont generally use the house phone.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connection contantly dropping out

Check the line again, 17070 option 2, should be silent between the announcements.  If there's noise report it on 151 as a noisy line and say nothing about broadband.

Once the line is fixed the broadband should improve.

0 Ratings
David449
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Seems to be no static anymore
0 Ratings
David449
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Internet speeds seem to be down aswell as ping