Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattyf-1
Contributor
Message 21 of 27

Re: Connection dropouts - AGAIN

Hello guys, an update.

Following 3 days with a stable line in the test socket and following a call to India I had my speed restriction lifted at the exchange that synced my home in at a blistering 13.5 meg !! Far higher than I have ever had.

They did suggest that I leave the hub connected at the test socket for a further few days but since the power cord was stretching across the front of the door I had to move it back to its original position in the living room.

I have also removed the bell wire and fitted the iplate. The hub has synced in the living room at 9.5 meg.

Any reason for the drop between locations?

Is it likely to recover or has my moving it so soon after having the limit raised caused this to happen?

I really couldn't leave it where it was as it was a meter of time before the hub got kicked by one of the rampaging kids !!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 27

have you removed the bell wire from every socket as it sounds like an internal wiring problem could you post your current adsl stats from the current connection
0 Ratings
mattyf-1
Contributor
Message 23 of 27

Hiya
Here you go.

I only removed the Bell Wire from the master socket, by coincidence the connection looked singed, a little like when a bulb goes, maybe a short of some description during the bad weather.

If the hub stays connected in the living room, this may have been the issue .

The hub use to sync at around 10.6 to 10.8. I am hoping that it gets back up to this once the line settles.

Maybe i should have left the HH where is was but it was an accident waiting to happen lol

( 6012.570000) DSL is up
16:33:03, 02 Jan. ( 6011.100000) DSL noise margin: 5.90 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
16:33:02, 02 Jan. ( 6010.180000) DSL line rate: 1147 Kbps upstream, 9848 Kbps downstream
ADSL Line Status

Connection Information

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 02:32:57
Downstream: 9.618 Mbps
Upstream: 1.121 Mbps

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 27

the bell wire needs to be removed from all sockets
0 Ratings
mattyf-1
Contributor
Message 25 of 27

I will take care of that once the HH settles down. Does the Accelerator make much difference ? If anything it's slowed is down lol

What are the views on my stats .
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 27

removing the bell wire is the best method 100% Iplate about 95%
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 27 of 27

@mattyf-1 wrote:
I will take care of that once the HH settles down. Does the Accelerator make much difference ?

Hi mattyf-1,

An ADSL faceplate will be much better than an an accelerator or i-plate.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings