Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 27

Re: Connection dropping for over a year I'm fed up now

Go to solution
A tiny fibre strand capable of well over 40Gb/s.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @evanowen,

I sorry to hear that the two previous engineers weren't able to repair your service. I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line.

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

Hi Everyone, Just to let you all know that the OP has reverted back to the hub 5 and the problem has been resolved.

Cheers

John

evanowen
Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

Yes, almost a week without any drop offs using HH5. It seems that early adopters of new routers are foolish, myself included. Every time I bought the latest hub I ended up with 'teething' trouble, better to wait until all the problems have been ironed out before taking the plunge. I have wasted money and many hours on the "Smart Hub" HH6 and the HH5 before that (BT fixed the firmware eventually).

So, lesson learned is: If your connection is working don't change your hub just because the latest and greatest has arrived.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution
Same old adage. If t aint broken...
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
evanowen
Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

After speaking to the umpteenth person on the helpline I reverted to HH5 just before I put up my orignal post here, the messing about with connecting everything with passwords AGAIN after being sent a new "Smart Hub" was wearing me down.

She said they were receiving reports of problems with the new hubs. Dear BT, before you release new equipment please could you TEST the flaming things thoroughly? Many thanks.

I spend all day most days on the PC, I work from home, I don't need all this hassle. Fingers crossed it will work from now on.

Anybody want to buy a couple of "Smart Hubs"? Very little use and will work fine when the firmware is updated.... will fit through LARGE letterboxes only.

Thanks for your call John, it was an education in being sensible with tech, and money.

0 Ratings
evanowen
Contributor
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

Well here we go again, just dropped off, had to reboot the HH5 to get back online.

0 Ratings