cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Connection drops and reconnects at a lower speed every evening at approx 5pm.

Go to solution

I've noticed recently that my connection is dropping and reconnecting at a speed around 33mbps every evening at approx 5pm. Now my line profile speed is getting lower. What should I do about this? 

Test_Result_Jan16.JPG 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Connection drops and reconnects at a lower speed every evening at approx 5pm.

Go to solution

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

are you using the test socket with a new filter?

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Connection drops and reconnects at a lower speed every evening at approx 5pm.

Go to solution

CAb_Speed2016.JPGCAb_Speed2016.JPG

I'm using the filtered faceplate, the connection has been fairly good for the past 11months or so. I've just switched to the HH5 to get the stats but, I usually use a TP link w9980. My usually speed has been 50-53mbps. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

what is offered.JPG 

Very interesting guaranteed speed as I'm sat here with a current rate of 38091Kbps and a max rate showing as 44215Kbps. 

It still disconnects every night around 5pm and reconnects at a lower speed. tried all the suggested, used a new micro filter in test socket etc. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Soyuz,

It looks like you have a fault. Seen as you've connected to the Hub to the test socket using a microfilter, that has ruled out the possibility of an internal wiring fault. However, your speed is below the estimate for your line. Please can you repost your line stats when the Hub is connected to the test socket and confirm that there is no noise present when completing the quiet line test because if there is (when the phone is plugged into the test socket), you will need to raise a telphony fault by calling 151.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I think I have stumbled upon the cause of the speed drop, It seems it might have been an LED light bulb causing the problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
most likely because they are known to cause problems